Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DirectSound output problems in Winamp (Read 3630 times) previous topic - next topic

DirectSound output problems in Winamp

Hi

I'm facing a strange problem since I updated the winamp plugins with PP's wa2update.exe : the volume slider in winamp doesn't do anything !

I'm using the DirectSound outuput and it works really great with the default plugin from winamp 2.80 (Crossfading DirectSound output v1.37) but after updating to DirectSound output v2.2.1 the bug happens...

anyone else experiencing this ? any ideas ?

here are my spec :
ASUS P4B266 with onboard soundcard CMI 8738 with latests windows update drivers

Reply #1
I just found out i hadn't checked volume control 

everythings back in order...nevermind my post....

Reply #2
my volume control wont work either... but i dont know how that happened. how did you fix it?

Reply #3
Originally posted by samskara
my volume control wont work either... but i dont know how that happened. how did you fix it?

open the winamp preferences (CTRL-P) go to Output then double click the DirectSound plugin, go to the 'Other' tab and check 'Enable volume control'.
That's it

I checked 'smooth volume changes' as well although I don't know what it is supposed to do...

hope it helps

Reply #4
I was using directsound in winamp 2.80 and I was very happy with the crossfadind feature.

But in winanmp 2.81 with dircetsound 2.2.6, the crossfadind don't work anymore. Fading work, but impossible to cross two tracks.

Any suggestion?

Thx

Reply #5
Please help me, it really bother me....

Reply #6
Fading works fine here:
Preferences (Ctrl-P) > Plugins > Output > DirectSound Output > Configure > Fading Tab.

Select each one and make sure "enabled" is checked.

Reply #7
Yes, fading work but not crossfading!