Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Eac to iTunes AAC (Read 25591 times) previous topic - next topic

Eac to iTunes AAC

Reply #25
[/quote]
No, the delay happens after tagging, before copying the file to the new location. The above error usually happens when you cancel the encode in iTunes itself. Totally different places in the code.

I'll add some more error checking around that bit tonight and we'll see if that helps. The only thing I can think of is that iTunesEncode gets some kind of error from the progress check, which doesn't make much sense. Still, it's possible.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=270344"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[/quote]

I am also having the same issue. For testing purposes I have been trying to rip George Harrison's All Things Must Pass. I have set EAC to not respond to errors so that I can get through the entire CD without responding to the EAC error reporting. Each test seems to have the problem with a different track or tracks. Also I can not seem to get the redirect from the command viewer to work.

These are the only programs that are running while this is occuring, I don't even touch the keyboard.

iTunesencode and EAC are a great combination, I have everything setup for what I want to rip my 300 CD collection if I could just get past this hurdle.

Eac to iTunes AAC

Reply #26
Okay, I have a new version up that might help with debugging this issue.

http://otto.homedns.org:8888/iTunes/iTunesEncode46.zip

Basically, instead of printing the 100% message, it'll spit out a couple of numbers. Those numbers should be identical under normal circumstances. If it fails, they won't be, and looking at those numbers might help me figure out WTF is going on here.

It seems as if the convert is quitting early and then the code is unable to retrieve the pointer to the newly converted track. So just to be sure, I added another 4 second delay after the encode actually finishes, and we'll see how that helps, or if it helps.

Anyway, if you get an error message with this version, post the error message like Turmoil did.

Eac to iTunes AAC

Reply #27
Okay, I have a new version up that might help with debugging this issue.

Basically, instead of printing the 100% message, it'll spit out a couple of numbers. Those numbers should be identical under normal circumstances. If it fails, they won't be, and looking at those numbers might help me figure out WTF is going on here.

It seems as if the convert is quitting early and then the code is unable to retrieve the pointer to the newly converted track. So just to be sure, I added another 4 second delay after the encode actually finishes, and we'll see how that helps, or if it helps.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=270531"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have encoded 3 Cds without an error. The numbers that are spit out have been zeros. I have to watch the Cmd window since I haven't been able to get the >> output.txt redirect to work.

Eac to iTunes AAC

Reply #28
I've also been able to rip a few cds in a row without error.  That never happened before so your fixed may have done the trick!  I'll post again after I get some more time, and can rip through a bunch of cds.

Eac to iTunes AAC

Reply #29
Hmm. Well, okay, if it works then it works.

New version is up. http://otto.homedns.org:8888/iTunes/iTunesEncode46.zip

It removes those output numbers and lets you set a delay value to use with the -s switch. Just add -s 2000 to the command line for a 2 second delay, sort of thing. Default delay is 4 seconds.

The delay is just a pause between the point where the encoding finishes and where it begins to add tags. The same delay is used between adding tags and attempting to delete the track from iTunes (if you are using the -d switch).

Eac to iTunes AAC

Reply #30
How do you not specify an output file?  I just let iTunes organize the music on my iPod so I don't need the file to be copied to another directory by itunesencode.  I transcode from FLAC using Foobar's cli and have tried removing -o, or %d, or both, but then the conversion fails.

Thanks for the help.

btw, the latest update works perfectly for me.
- FLAC/200GB external
- AAC 128 vbr/local
- iPod Nano 2G 8GB

Eac to iTunes AAC

Reply #31
How do you not specify an output file?  I just let iTunes organize the music on my iPod so I don't need the file to be copied to another directory by itunesencode.  I transcode from FLAC using Foobar's cli and have tried removing -o, or %d, or both, but then the conversion fails.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=271311"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't see why it'd fail. Just leave off -o and -d and the output filename. It works perfectly for me with EAC.

The Foobar transcoder might not be happy that the file is not where it expects it to be afterwards though. I know EAC isn't happy when I do this. It can't find any file that it's expecting to find, so it leaves the temporary WAV file sitting there instead of deleting it. But for the most part I ignore the resulting error and just delete those WAVs every so often when I'm ripping.

Eac to iTunes AAC

Reply #32
Congratulations Otto

Just ripped & coded 4 CDs in a row, and no errors ,
I noticed that you don't use version numbers..  I think this build deserves to be 1.0 !!  :-)

BTW, the -s switch is undocumented in the readme file.

Thank you ,  Good Work!!!

Eac to iTunes AAC

Reply #33
Yeah, thanks Otto, works perfect 

Eac to iTunes AAC

Reply #34
I just noticed that I can't delete any files in Itunes while importing via iTunesEncode without destroying the new encoded file. Not a big issue ... 

Eac to iTunes AAC

Reply #35
Yes, you really shouldn't mess with iTunes while it's encoding. I'm not checking for iTunes disabling COM at the moment, so screwing around with iTunes will cause issues.

I may work out a remedy to this in the future, but for now, just leave iTunes totally alone when encoding with this program.

Eac to iTunes AAC

Reply #36
I am not sure if it is my setup, but the copied aac files are larger by a few k than the aac files itunes encodes from the wav.

Any clue as to why?
- FLAC/200GB external
- AAC 128 vbr/local
- iPod Nano 2G 8GB

Eac to iTunes AAC

Reply #37
I am not sure if it is my setup, but the copied aac files are larger by a few k than the aac files itunes encodes from the wav.

Any clue as to why?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=274308"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You left the "Add ID3 tag to files" enabled in the EAC options. So EAC merrily stuck an ID3 tag onto your M4A files (which now are broken because of it).

Eac to iTunes AAC

Reply #38

Any clue as to why?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=274308"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You left the "Add ID3 tag to files" enabled in the EAC options. So EAC merrily stuck an ID3 tag onto your M4A files (which now are broken because of it).
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=274311"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks.  I figured it was the tags!
- FLAC/200GB external
- AAC 128 vbr/local
- iPod Nano 2G 8GB