Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Mpeg4 (Read 5093 times) previous topic - next topic

Mpeg4

I'm a complete newbie in Video programming... however, I am assigned a project to do video tracking in Mpeg4... now i hav the C++ code of Mpeg4 encoder and decoder... but after reading thru the code to no avail...
I would like to know... which part of the codec should I focus on? the decoder or encoder? wat i need to show is just that i can capture an object, e.g.: a guy in the video, and tracking all his  movement along the video...
thanks in advanced

Mpeg4

Reply #1
It's me again... The encoder that i'm using accepts .yuv file and converts it into .cmp file.. and the decoder only decodes the .cmp file into .yuv file back... the .yuv is .mpeg4 standard file? I'm wondering whether I'm using the correct encoder.. because initially what I expect to get from an encoder is the encoder will encode normal .avi file into .mpg4 ext and the decoder will decode the .mpg4 file and play it... is there such codec available and is it open source code with documentation? if yes, may i know where to download it?

Mpeg4

Reply #2
Try Xvid.

Mpeg4

Reply #3
I'm using the code from this site:
http://iphome.hhi.de/suehring/tml/doc/lenc/html/index.html

if you want to try my way to encode films just try this :

*ffmpeg(film types converter) and mplayer(player) you can find on the net...
*the lencod is the encoder from the above code.

ffmpeg -i film.avi -y -an test.yuv   (film.avi)   ->   (test.yuv)
            // convert the movie (*.avi) file to *.yuv format

lencod                (test.yuv)   ->   (test.264)
            // encoding the *.yuv file to raw h.264 format

mplayer -fps 30 test.264   // displaying the coded film