Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Transcoding Flac --> Mp3 Using Foobar and Lame (Read 1866 times) previous topic - next topic

Transcoding Flac --> Mp3 Using Foobar and Lame

I have a folder of Flac Files that I need transcoded to MP3  and I'm having trouble using this command - taken from the mp3 general board:

ID3v1 and ID3v2:
--alt-preset standard --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ta "%a" --tt "%t" --ty "%y" --tn "%n" %s %d

I can't use the genre field because it does not use standard ID3 settings. The genres are tagged using my own preferences and LAME does not accept the settings. So what I want to do is have Foobar organize the new Mp3s in folders according to the genres.

I have gotten this to work once. Now I can't seem to get it to work. Is there a guide or something out there that will guide me through the process.

Problems:
1) Learn how to configure foobar to transcode a flac file to mp3 ignoring the genre tags while preserving all other tags.
2) Learn how to configure foobar to set up the new files in folders according to the genres specified in the flac tags....

Any help appriciated. I have searched long and far for a solution... I acctually got it to work once, now I'm lost... Thanks!!!