Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: I don\'t agree... (Read 2524 times) previous topic - next topic

I don\'t agree...

...Cubase do *NOT* have the monopoly on Windows.

I know many people that use Sonic Foundry products and are very happy.

Open Source is the unique way.
We must try to convince Apple to join it (repetita jumvant: if they joined with OS X, why can't they with Logic ?).

Note:
www.petitiononline.com is a cool place to start the petition... any volunteer ?

I don\'t agree...

Reply #1
apple makes it rather clear why logic will be available for mac systems only:

>>>'Macintosh-based products account for over 65 percent of Emagic's current revenues.'<<<

for them, its a good way to cut development costs, and there will be less piracy of future versions

if u ask me, this is an incredibly dumb decision that is going to leave a lot of musicians high and dry and force them to upgrade their current pc system to a mac. so in a sense, apple will make revenue not only from musicians who purchase logic, but also from the same musicians who have to buy a mac to be able to use logic. its a cash cow strategy if u ask me, driven by greed. based on what i hear from a few users, including reading some of the posts at cubase.net, cubase sx is better than logic audio 5, so it appears that there is a good alternative for current logic pc users
Be healthy, be kind, grow rich and prosper