Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Tag & Rename Bug? (Read 1457 times) previous topic - next topic

Tag & Rename Bug?

I've been using Tag & Rename v3.0.6 by softpointer for a few weeks and have noticed a disturbing effect.  After using the "Get Tags from Filename" and "Rename Files" functions, it appeared that tag info (e.g. album, title) had gotten mixed amongst my files.  Now I have a complete mess on my hands.   

Since I'm new to the software and haven't diligently RTFM, it is entirely possible that I did something wrong.  In fact, I can think of a few ways this could have inadvertently occured.  I realized up front that I had to be very careful to clear all existing checkmarks before starting a new operation.  I also performed a test run on all operations before committing (although I could have easily missed the subtle mixups that occured).  Overall, I was pretty cautious using the software.

My question is:  Has anyone else experienced this problem?  If not, I'll chalk it up to my carelessness.  Also, if I happen to identify a reproduceable scenario, I'll post a follow up.

Thanks
Cap