Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Fastest way to tag song titles? (Read 2306 times) previous topic - next topic

Fastest way to tag song titles?

I download a lot of shows that use the etree naming standards for individual files. When tagging these files I use the masstager to create entries for artist, date, and album. When naming the song titles I have to go to the properties for every file, from there I create a new entry, switch over to the text file containg the setlist, then I cut and paste the song titles.

Is there a faster more efficient way?

Thanks for any help

Ryan

Reply #1
In case those shows come with a text based setlist as they should you should really give foo_tradersfriend a try.  It is specifically made to import metadata from such text files.

You can get it on foosion's fb2k plugins page.

Reply #2
you can use the 'input data' under the actions in masstagger.  type in the song names(and the track#s: 01-sugaree), hitting enter after each one. config the 'scheme' to %tracknumber%-%title% for my example.

hth

Reply #3
The tradersfriend plugin is the most useful plugin that could ever be created for my needs. Thanks for the suggestion.

Ryan