Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Subwoofer No Signal? (Read 2743 times) previous topic - next topic

Subwoofer No Signal?

I have a JBL PB-10 Subwoofer, it works fine when the light turns green after plugging the power supply a few times in and out. I dont want to have to do this every time I want to listen to music to my system. The manual says the red light is supposed to turn green by itself so it indicates that a signal is coming into the sub. Is there any way to fix this? Am I using the right kind of cable? I am using a standard red/white RCA cable (I only use 1 for LFE). Do I need to use a subwoofer cable?

Subwoofer No Signal?

Reply #1
What are you trying to use on the other end of the cable? Your computer? A receiver? If so what type is it?
This may help you if you lost the manual:
Owner's Manual

Subwoofer No Signal?

Reply #2
I have a JBL sub...

the light comes on when bass comes on. Don't worry about it. watching a movie with it for instance, it will be off for long sections of dialog then suddenly it comes on with a loud boom when there is for instance an explosion. This is normal behaviour.

Subwoofer No Signal?

Reply #3
I am using a Sherwood RD-6108 Reciever. I just played a really bassy part and there is still no sound coming out of the sub, I have to turn it off, then turn it back on for it to start making bass.