Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DiskWriter help (Read 2217 times) previous topic - next topic

DiskWriter help

I'm looking to add transcoding support to foo_pod, so that a user can send any Foobar supported file type to an iPod.

Since the iPod only supports MP3, AAC, and WAV/AIFF, I would like to use DiskWriter to transparently transcode any other format to one of those.  I was looking over diskwriter.h, but it isn't exactly clear how I would use this class. 

Has anyone done a project that uses DiskWriter, or does anyone have documentation or example code on how to utilize DiskWriter?  I would probably want to support both using the presets as well as preset-less, so that I could provide some automatic transcoding without the user having to worry about encoder settings, if that makes a difference.

Edit: I found foo_clienc, and I have just started looking at it.  But if anyone has any advice or other examples, I'd love to hear/see it!