Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Transfering file-tags (Read 1871 times) previous topic - next topic

Transfering file-tags

Hello everybody!

I'm using foobar2000 because of it's powerfull masstagger, the replaygain and it's unique Unicode-support.

I've ripped a couple of CD's some time ago into Ogg-Vorbis an tagged them with foobar2k. Some of the tags contain Baltic characters.

Now I want to re-rip them and store them as FLACs on a server.

Is there any possibility to transfer the present Ogg-Vorbis tag-info (Artist, Title, Album, Year...) to the FLACs?

I've just tried the freedb-tagging function, but I'm not very satisfied about it, beacuse most of the tags there are stored in some crude extended-ISO-charset.
The charaters are not displayed correctly on my German W2K-distro, so I had to correct them by hand. 

I'd be very happy about any recommendations. It would save me a lot of time.

Thanks! 

Transfering file-tags

Reply #1
Masstager - Copy tags option in the context menu does what you want.

It only becomes available when you select an even (divisible by two) number of files.

Transfering file-tags

Reply #2
Yeah, thank you very much!

That's I was looking for!