Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_scroll (Read 7637 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_scroll

It used to work right, but now when i use foo_scroll with Autofocus/Autofocus + Highlight (single), it picks the last track played, rather than the one currently playing.

Other functions under the autoscroll section also dont seem to work at all... expecially when it is a manual track change, rather than just letting it play... also it doesnt work with random or shuffle play....

As far as I remember it all used to work right...

Manual focus seems to work tho, as in scroller > Current track (except move cursor... not really sure what that's supposed to do really...)

foo_scroll

Reply #1
Well, this is what musicmusic writes on his page:
foo_scroll : Scrolls automatically on new track; also gives you some menu items to highlight current playing track in different ways. Plugin needs revising so it goes in this section for now.

Guess his heroic work at foo_ui_columns thesedays are keeping him from getting the time for the revising... but at least we are warned. 

And it's a very useful plugin, especially that you can assign a keyboard shortcut to turn it on/off among several other configurable options, something I couldn't get with foo_focus. (Don't know if that ones still floating around, with messers page down and all...)

So let's just add a silent wish that musicmusic might find the time for a little revising one day, but without overworking himself, foo_ui_columns are probably a tad more important than this one.... 

Goodnite!
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

foo_scroll

Reply #2
Guess his heroic work at foo_ui_columns thesedays are keeping him from getting the time for the revising... but at least we are warned.  

And it's a very useful plugin, especially that you can assign a keyboard shortcut to turn it on/off among several other configurable options, something I couldn't get with foo_focus. (Don't know if that ones still floating around, with messers page down and all...)

So let's just add a silent wish that musicmusic might find the time for a little revising one day, but without overworking himself, foo_ui_columns are probably a tad more important than this one.... 

Goodnite!

LOL.

Seriously that plugin is compiled with some 0.7 beta sdk, I wouldnt be surprised if it was broken.
It used to work right, but now when i use foo_scroll with Autofocus/Autofocus + Highlight (single), it picks the last track played, rather than the one currently playing.

Can't reproduce. Tried on a clean install maybe ?

(except move cursor... not really sure what that's supposed to do really...)

It does nothing ... 

I will recompile / update it for 0.8.1 sometime anyway.

foo_scroll

Reply #3
Yes, spase is correct, I have the same behaviour (w/ fb2k 0.8.1 on XP sp1).
With Autofocus enabled and Autofocus + Highlight (Single) chosen for all options the last track played gets focus & highlight, instead of the currently playing track. This goes for Default as well as Random and Shuffle playback mode.

Manual Focus + Highlight (Single) works allright....

Keep up the good work! 

foo_scroll

Reply #4
   Indeed.  Thanks for everything music... take your time.  I will revert to the primitive "follow cursor" behavior         

foo_scroll

Reply #5
messers foo_focus currently seems to exhibit the exact same behaviour, which leaves us with only the "Follow cursor" mode working right now.... 

foo_scroll

Reply #6
foo_focus is not working for me anymoer since a fresh update to foobar 0.81
hopefully foo_scroll will be updated

foo_scroll

Reply #7
Well, it was working when I posted last, but now it seems to have stopped working..

It doesnt highlight last playing track here though, it does nothing.

All I can say is something changed in foobar along the way and calling playlist_oper::get_now_playing() in the play_callback::on_new_track callback isn't reliable anymore.

As far as I am concerned, it isn't fixable in any sane way on my side.. I dont think so anyway.

foo_scroll

Reply #8
OK. I just declared myself insane. Look here.

foo_scroll

Reply #9
I hope 0.1.1 will work better 

foo_scroll

Reply #10
Works a treat.  Thankya, Jesus!

foo_scroll

Reply #11
All my preliminary testing indicates that it actually works. But as the ungrateful vampire I am I'll be back to haunt you as soon as I find something to complain about.... (hollow: haaaa haaahaaaaaa..... (with echo and tapereverb))

(First: Sure theres no way to keep focus with active paylist hidden....?)

Actually: Thanks a bucket musicmusic, I reserve you a table in Valhalla (near the maitre d'hotel ...!)

foo_scroll

Reply #12
All my preliminary testing indicates that it actually works. But as the ungrateful vampire I am I'll be back to haunt you as soon as I find something to complain about.... (hollow: haaaa haaahaaaaaa..... (with echo and tapereverb))

Actually: Thanks a bucket musicmusic, I reserve you a table in Valhalla (near the maitre d'hotel ...!)

Lol, didnt do anything for your sanity then ?

(First: Sure theres no way to keep focus with active paylist hidden....?)
Not really. Best I could do is highlight/focus playing item when you switch to the playlist. That might prove to be annoying and I don't think it would work particulary well neither..