Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: A dynamic HTTP stream title request (Read 2992 times) previous topic - next topic

A dynamic HTTP stream title request

I am very happy to see support for stream-embedded "icy-metaint" style descriptions.

However a lot of older shoutcast servers and completely un-shoutcast-related stream boxes don't support the "icy-metaint" feature, and others disable it for some odd reason for another.

So:
If "icy-metaint" is set to 0 or if the header is not present could the dynamic track title instead be set to the value of the "icy-name" header?

I believe this is the default behaviour for that.. other shoutcast client, and with the ammount of streaming I do from just such an older server, I'd love to see foobar2000 support it.

Not a high priority request, by any means. Just something I'd personally like to see, and didn't think would be a terrible lot of work. So, I thought I'd stick my neck out and make a request for it, not that there aren't already enough such requests.

Reply #1
Another somewhat related question/issue:

When using a playlist that contains icy-metaint enabled streams, what would cause foobar to display the URL after the track has finished/skipping to the next track instead of the playlist's "Title#:" entry, like it does in most cases?

Reply #2
Yet another HTTP streaming request/potential bug report:

Double click (or whatever) a stream to start it.
While it is buffering, hit stop.

The console throws up with an error.

Any way to disable that, or at least make it a warning so the console doesn't keep popping up everytime I skip past a track I don't want to hear while it's buffering?

Reply #3
hi!

Reply #4
Yet another HTTP streaming request/potential bug report:

Double click (or whatever) a stream to start it.
While it is buffering, hit stop.

The console throws up with an error.

Any way to disable that, or at least make it a warning so the console doesn't keep popping up everytime I skip past a track I don't want to hear while it's buffering?

Fixed in 0.8.2!!! Thanks!

Any ideas on the first two issues, mainly the "displays url instead of title" one...?

Reply #5
I'm still experiencing that problem, xamphear.

Not fixed in 0.8.2 for me!

Reply #6
I'm still experiencing that problem, xamphear.

Not fixed in 0.8.2 for me!

Crap, you're right. I was just on the same local network as the webserver I was streaming from, so it was buffering almost instantanously. I just found that it's still occuring to me when I stream from a remote location, which obviously takes longer to buffer.

Reply #7
If you happen to be streaming using the wombatshare plugin I've put a semi-fix in to make the title correct ....