Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: name cleanup after mass conversion... (Read 2159 times) previous topic - next topic

name cleanup after mass conversion...

I recently ripped a bunch of my cd's with EAC to their various folders and left the wavs to encode later.  I made the assumption it would be easy to encode them en masse with lame, but I had trouble finding a way to do this.  Someone suggested I use foobar.  Used the windows search function to copy them into the playlist and then encoded overnight.  The problem I have now is that they all have the numbered prefix from the playlist amended to them as so:
filename sample:    003 Creatures_04.MP3
I am at a loss for using the editor to alter the names.... any tips would be apprecitated!!
Thanks

Reply #1
As I got you you want to remove the leading numbers in your filenames, for instance rename '003 Creatures_04.MP3' to 'Creatures_04.MP3' (btw I still don't like foobar's uppercase-extensions, I always make them lowercase afterwards).

You can use Rname-it for that (download from here for example).

Select all your files, use the 'Advance Renaming Options' > Apply to Prefix only > Replace > First = 0  , Last = 3  (0=first position of filename, 3 = 4th position (the whitespace after 003 in the example above) > Start process with 'Rname-it'-button.

I guess a lot of other renaming-tools can do the same (for instance The Rename)

You should change your filename-sheme at diskwriter-settings to %_filename% (for instance) for future conversions without leading numbers.

Reply #2
Or simply use foobar's own file renamer with this output filename format:

$right(%_filename%,$sub($len(%_filename%),4))

Remember to update the preview window and see if it works as you want.

Reply #3
As I got you you want to remove the leading numbers in your filenames, for instance rename '003 Creatures_04.MP3' to 'Creatures_04.MP3' (btw I still don't like foobar's uppercase-extensions, I always make them lowercase afterwards).

If you click on the `edit' button at `Output Presets'
You get a chance to set the extension.  Use lowercase there.