Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Nero AAC (Read 3532 times) previous topic - next topic

Nero AAC

I'm considering using Nero 2.6.2.0 to encode my CD collection with.  I plan on using either the Extreme or Audiophile presets with the goal of creating files somewhere between transparent & lossless.

My question is, with all the development that is currently ongoing with the AAC encoders (Nero in particular), is now the time to start encoding? Should I wait for the next release(s)? What would you suggest?

Thanks.

Nero AAC

Reply #1
Yes. The next release is said to have a lot of improvements.
Should be out sometime next month AFAIK.

Nero AAC

Reply #2
This is good to know, as I was wondering the same thing myself. 

Nero AAC

Reply #3
I'm not sure how one could really go wrong at those bitrates, but I'm FLAC'ing my CD collection now in preparation anyway while I anxiously await the new release. 

Nero AAC

Reply #4
how is Nero on low bitrates? Is 40-60kbps below the target range for that app or is it able to create those? Just asking out of curiousity as I am currently using Compaact! and not likely to be changing anytime soon*.

*personal reasons -
0) doing fine with 5.5.10.53 (edit: shipped with my latest 52x burner I was forced to upgrade to in the past two months)
1) my mp4s range from c. 50-60 kbps for my website (mono Old Time Radio recording from late 1920s-1962 or so) up to 'VBR 5' for CDs I own
2) would rather pay $20 for a dedicated AAC encoding program rather than $60-70+ for a full blown CD burning/etc package that would go to waste on my system

Nero AAC

Reply #5
Noatter what you do, ther will be something better later.  That is life.  Would you rather there never be any progress?