Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: "append comment" tool for id3v2? (Read 3019 times) previous topic - next topic

"append comment" tool for id3v2?

anybody know of a tool that will allow me to load an m3u or other playlist and then add a comment to the comment field of the id3v2 for every file in the list without overwriting whatever is already there?  that is, if i already have lots of information about mood, tempo, etc in that field for all my files and then one day i decide that thirty of them are good for driving, is there some way for me to append "driving" to the comment field without losing everything that's already there?

i think i remember jriver media jukebox being able to do this, but i'm not sure.  then again, i've always had trouble getting it to read lists created in another program, so who knows...

Reply #1
I have the same issue and have been using MP3 Tag Studio 3.05

You can leave the ID3v1 tag alone and make adjustments to the ID3v2 tag.  Even cooler you can add additional "frames" to the ID3v2 tag.

There are two versions registerd and unregistered.  I have been using the unregistered version and asside from a small advertising window there doesn't appear to be any spyware etc. as the site claims. 

Check it out

http://www.magnusbrading.com/mp3ts/

----------------------
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, throughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming---Wow! What a ride!

Reply #2
i have mp3 tag studio already, but i don't know how to do this.  can you give me a more detailed description of the process you use to do this?

also, i want to have all my information in id3v2.  is that possible?

i'm not sure what you mean by "frames."

Reply #3
Veej007,

In MP3/TagStudio go to "Mass Set tags/flags", verify that no other modification is selected (be careful of the "More" checkbox), check the "Comment" checkbox, insert text to be appended (remember leading blank if needed),  then check the THIRD (right) radiobutton at the rignt of the text. Those radio buttons are used to select if prepend (left), overwrite (center), or append (right) your comment to the existing one.

Hints: Use explorer browse tree, Custom file selection, Preview mode and if something goes really wrong you also have an Undo.

Anyway, YOU must select the files to which apply the modifications. I don't know of any way to select them from a playlist.

Sergio
Sergio
M-Audio Delta AP + Revox B150 + (JBL 4301B | Sennheiser Amperior | Sennheiser HD598)