Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Request: Change in Search Interface (Read 2008 times) previous topic - next topic

Request: Change in Search Interface

I'd like it if, when the playlist is in focus, the next instance of the string in the playlist would have it's record highlighted when you start to type in a string.

Hitting HOME would clear the string and return you to the head of the playlist, and hitting SHIFT-PAGE UP or SHIFT-PAGE DOWN while the search string was active would cycle to the previous or next instance of the string in the window.

This is similar to the behavior in regedit (with the addition of jumping to the next instance of the string with SHIFT-PAGE UP and SHIFT-PAGE DOWN, and having full substring search instead of just jumping to the key that begins the same way.)

I frequently find myself absentmindedly typing in the name of an artist, hoping in vain that I'll jump down to there without having to scroll or hit F3 before entering the string

Request: Change in Search Interface

Reply #1
Er, Just realized that SHIFT PGUP/PGDOWN is dedicated for selection (sensibly).

Perhaps ALT-PGUP ALT-PGDOWN.