Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: vis_samurize (Read 2461 times) previous topic - next topic

vis_samurize

Hi,

I am the author of foo_vis_samurize.
After users told me that my plugin seemed to have stopped working, i thought it was because of the updated sdk. As i didn't want my plugins compiled with a beta sdk, i told them that they would have to wait for the sdk to go final.
Today i downloaded and installed the new sdk, just to make sure i would not have to change much when the sdk goes final. I soon found out that, whatever i did, the plugin was not used by foobar. It was not listed in the loaded components section and it was not listed in the "not loaded" section. I was just about to post a bug report - then i read that my plugin is blacklisted.

Things that could have prevented the users of my plugin waiting so long and me searching for a non-existing bug for hours:
- The plugin is distributed together with a readme file which contains my email address. The users who found a bug could have sent me an email and i would have tried to resolve it.
- The authors of foobar who blacklisted me could have also written me an email with a note that my plugin will be blacklisted if i don't resolve the bug(s).
- Foobar itself could have listed my plugin in the "not loaded" section or in a separate section, noting that it is blacklisted.
I also think that "no signs of author fixing the problem" is not really appropriate when nobody told me about any problem.

As you can guess by my post count, i was not a member of this forum until this morning. Getting bug reports by forum thread is not an option for me, as i made plugins for 7 media players and i don't have the time to read 7 forums.

To everyone who encountered a bug, please let me know what happened and in which circumstances. The email address is samurize@only-tropics.de. I will try to resolve it.

Thanks for reading.
Tropics

vis_samurize

Reply #1
At least one crash is easily reproducable, just play a mono song and if it doesn't crash just skip back and forth a few times.