Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Plugin to switch between sets of preferences (Read 2344 times) previous topic - next topic

Plugin to switch between sets of preferences

I'm not sure if something like this exists or not, but what I'd like is a plugin that will save all my preferences into a preset I can name (say, "Ety settings" or "Grado's" or "speakers") and will then let me return to that preset at any time with either a hotkey or a convenient button.  It would be extremely handy to be able to switch between presets real quickly. 

To get more specific, the only things I'd really need to be able to switch easily are which DSP's I'm running (from the DSP Manager) and the settings for those DSP's.

If anyone has any ideas for a plugin that will do this or some kind of workaround, I'd appreciate word of it.  Thanks! 

Reply #1
Can't you run two instances of Foobar? As the settings are stored in the directory, two install directories will have two configs.

Reply #2
Hmmm...I hadn't thought of that.  However, that might end up being a little more work than just going in and changing preferences manually, especially since (I assume) I'd have to keep up two different sets of playlists.