Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: bug in f2k 0.7.7a (Read 8024 times) previous topic - next topic

bug in f2k 0.7.7a

Reply #25
Does playing different audio formats make any difference ?

Yes.
It seems that problem only with mp3 files.
when I try to play mpc files everithing is OK.
Well life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
When you think everything's okay…

bug in f2k 0.7.7a

Reply #26

Yes.

Any difference with 0.7.7c or with MP3 wrapped into MP4 container ?
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

bug in f2k 0.7.7a

Reply #27
Hi Peter,

I dont know whether this this build is specify toward my problem but I tried it anyways. Using the speed meter, the mp3 or mpc seems to be at the same speed as before. However I did try a weird stuff that is to convert while playing a music, either the music I was converting or a different music, and there was around 3~5% drop in decoding.... towards 12~15%. I did the same and it was true for mpc as well. Any explanation for this? I would expect the converse to be true since twice the computing power is needed to decode both at the same time.

Well I did another check the task manager this time, and surprisingly I noticed that there was only 0~2% cpu usage for foobar    . So I guess the problem is solved. I guess the decoding speed was always like this before since I've never done the speed test in previous version.

Thanks for taking time

bug in f2k 0.7.7a

Reply #28

Yes.

Any difference with 0.7.7c or with MP3 wrapped into MP4 container ?

Yes.
0.7.7c uses much less CPU, but CPU usage still slowly increase. For 2 hour task manager reports that CPU usage increased from ~0% to ~10%.
Well life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
When you think everything's okay…

bug in f2k 0.7.7a

Reply #29
i've recently (don't remember in which version) observed something similar. after some time, cpu usage went up and was around ~20% even with main window hidden and paused playback. i use taskinfo to monitor cpu / mem usage.

i guess i won't be of any help ... it may have been caused by some third party plugin ...

bug in f2k 0.7.7a

Reply #30
i find if foobar run with IE together,cpu used from 0%-2% up to 10%-20%.
if i closed IE,foobar will fine.cpu used down to 0%-2%.
my forbar is 0.7.7b,IE  is 6.0.2800.1106 SP1
OS is Win2000pro, SP4.
what's wrong with it?

bug in f2k 0.7.7a

Reply #31
The same.
Previous version of fb2k worked simply fine (0.7.6). Although i've used the same settings.
This bug does not only seen in The Task Manager even it slows down mouse moving when i do something with a publication in Corel Ventura!!!
I think that the problem is with playing mp3-files but i don't use any other formats.
When starting playing fb2k eats about 7-10% of CPU according to The Task Manager but after some time of playing mp3-files it eats about 20-30% CPU!

Win2k Prof SP3 Eng
P-4/1800 RAM-512DDR
fb2k 0.7.7a Standard Installer

I will try 0.7.7c....
Best regards,
Sergei Sarbash.

bug in f2k 0.7.7a

Reply #32
Win2k Prof SP3 Eng
P-4/1800 RAM-512DDR
fb2k 0.7.7a Standard Installer

I will try 0.7.7c....

fb2k 0.7.7c makes a wonder for me!!
No more CPU overhead expenses 
fine job!
hmm... maybe just one little thing that after long playing a CPU loading grows up for a little but it's no matter i think. 
Best regards,
Sergei Sarbash.