Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: playlist formatting problem, upNorth's string (Read 1988 times) previous topic - next topic

playlist formatting problem, upNorth's string

I am currently using upNorth's dynamic string, with the correct fonts, but it seems on some albums the first or second song doesn't align with the rest?

here is example, the first and second song doesn't align .

I compared the tags of the ones that align and ones that don't , yet don't see any disparities other then different title name.
What is wrong?

ps, thanks to upNorth for creating this excellent string!

playlist formatting problem, upNorth's string

Reply #1
It's the double-width characters that causes this problem. As track 1 and 2 displays artist and album and here both includes Chinese characters.

Changing from $len() to $len2() can remedy some of these problems and I'll do that in the next version. Not sure when it will be ready, but I'll try to finish it soon.

Btw: If you do a forum search you might find a modified version that works with Chinese characters. I have seen some fixes done by others before.