Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to make screenname appear on portal (Read 2828 times) previous topic - next topic

How to make screenname appear on portal

I was making some changes to my member profile several days ago, and ended up (I think) turning on "invisibility mode", resulting in my screenname not appearing any more in the "Statistics" box on the portal and at the bottom of each thread ("members viewing this thread").

I was sure I had seen the option on one of the screens in the board control panel, but I can't remember where I saw it, and I can't seem to find it now.  I did a forum search for "statistics", "screenname" and "invisibility", but didn't find a resolution for my problem.

If someone could tell me how to make my screenname visible again, or if that's now an admin function, if an admin or mod could make me "visible" again, I'd be grateful.

(I almost PM'ed a mod about this, but I figured the problem/resolution might be useful for others, hence this post.)

Thanks in advance!

~ Chris

How to make screenname appear on portal

Reply #1
You have to log out, then log back in, and there is an option below the login box labelled Privacy that controls it.
"Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored."
—Aldous Huxley