Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Controlling fb2k from external app (Read 4315 times) previous topic - next topic

Controlling fb2k from external app

I've done a little DLL wrapper that controls Winamp & Sonique remotely, and I would like to add foobar compatability also.  Could someone help me out with the window name for foobar ( e.g. FindWindow("Sonique Window Class", NULL); )? 

Thanks

Reply #2
That's pointless, since foobar2000 has no native Windows message API. You can use command line parameters instead. There is also a plugin called foo_remote that provides a Windows message API. IIRC there is/was a plugin that emulated the Winamp 2 API.

Reply #3
Erm, I was hoping for something a bit simpler than that.  I use TrueLaunchBar which has a foobar2000 plugin, which works without any "plugins" installed.

Any other ideas are appreciated.
DB

Reply #4
actually...  the truelaunch bar plugin does use a foobar component to work.  It's called "TLB Remote Control".

Reply #5
I don't know if it's compatible, but here is the source of a DC++ plugin (read .dll) to control wmp, winamp, foobar and other media players.

Reply #6
I ended up writing my own FB2K plugin which uses shared memory to command FB2K from external apps.

Wasnt too difficult to make at all.
I prefer to use my own than foo_remote.