Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ReallyRareWares launched (Read 56511 times) previous topic - next topic

ReallyRareWares launched

Reply #75
His legal team of attorneys should also sue archive.org for blatant stealing of his content, photos, etc...

ReallyRareWares launched

Reply #76
Also, if mirroring pages without changing them was "stealing", archive.org would be in deep shit.

Hmm. Interesting. I'm quite sure that it is not allowed to mirror e.g. a daily news paper for normal citizen in many countries. Maybe archive.org is dodging these claims by removing the objected content.

Stealing software: Bullshit, it was a public demo, that is available to this day at several web pages.

But does this gives you the right to distribute it?

I don't know, but I think the situation is far from being clear...

ReallyRareWares launched

Reply #77
Well, his latest reply is this:
hi.

you dont know what you are talking about (sorry for disturbing you)

nice attitude

lets see what i can do for the site then.....

"the truth hurts"... my ass....

km

I haven't thought out a smart response yet!!

ReallyRareWares launched

Reply #78
I settled on this reply:
There is a well known phrase in English that I think is apposite: "Methinks
he doth protest too much!"

ReallyRareWares launched

Reply #79
Hmm. Interesting. I'm quite sure that it is not allowed to mirror e.g. a daily news paper for normal citizen in many countries. Maybe archive.org is dodging these claims by removing the objected content.

Maybe, indeed. I remember archive.org is not allowed to mirror xenu.net due to Scientology's copyright claims.

Oh, well. I'm just tired of his FUD. If he wants to sue me, let him try. The site is now hosted here in Brazil, which means he'll have to find a brazilian lawyer and sue me at a brazilian court. He'll also probably have to come here personally. Heh. Sure...

BTW: I know you are reading this, Karsten. I won't bother replying to your e-mails. Send your horde of satanic lawyers after me. Haha.
If you were any serious about this whole enchilada, you would have gotten one of your lawyers to send me a cease and desist registered letter - NOT an e-mail, since you hopefully already know e-mails have absolutely no legal value whatsoever.

Edit: LOL! He is now blaming Menno!

about the emaiul thing your facts are wrong , menno used a terminated email
adress in the mail to hypermart that was supposed to come from me , i has
proved this to persons who cared to know the truth , you seem to still
beliee the lies and i know other did too , well what can i say.

@Ivan: Be careful buddy, your peer developer is an evil $#&!% that will stab you as soon as you turn your back to him

ReallyRareWares launched

Reply #80
I don't know why I am bothering with this - but this is just plain funny:

W/regards to that "terminated email address"  - IIRC,  KM first acused me of shutting down my website by using his email address (which he claimed isn't his in the first place until Juha prove otherwise)   

Anyway,  since Hypermart was kind enough to fwd me whole e-mail with the message and details, I checked the IP - it belonged to Denmark company IP address space. Next, I tried to send a SMTP email through that server (tele.dk) and it required prior autentification.

Which now makes Menno a hacker (he stole account details from tele.dk network) and a backstabber, right?  Or maybe the explanation is quite simplier, eh?

ReallyRareWares launched

Reply #81
you made a site with lies , theft of webside , theft of software , well lets
see if i need to come to brazil to put things right....

/me is scared shitless.

@KM: I'm sorry about your ass. Blame John33 for hurting it with truth.

ReallyRareWares launched

Reply #82
This guys definitely all talk Roberto.  However if legal troubles do materialize from this, we've got your back.

Anyone up for "Donation Page for Roberto's Legal Bills" if it becomes necessary?   
gentoo ~amd64 + layman | ncmpcpp/mpd | wavpack + vorbis + lame

ReallyRareWares launched

Reply #83
Anyone up for "Donation Page for Roberto's Legal Bills" if it becomes necessary?
I'm willing to donate a substantial amount of my hard earned bucks, both for this and for the 10k listentening-test.
however, under at least one condition: everytime mr. R voices some of these naughty unchrstian words I'm not going to explain here further, he have to pay 1$. if this amount tops my donation, he'll have to pay it back to me. that way I have it back in noooooo time       
Nothing but a Heartache - Since I found my Baby ;)

ReallyRareWares launched

Reply #84
that way I have it back in noooooo time       

I promise I'll behave daddy 

Anyway: It seems KM decided to drop his threats:

ok, sorry for disturbing you.

i dont have time for more so you can go on with whatever it is you do.....

nice talking to you , one rarely comes across such a couple of nice
guys.....

karsten madsen / km

ps. if you dont know how to make it at least you may know how to steal it
(feel free to use it as your motto)

I'm being called a thief by someone with such high moral standards as KM! I have never been so offended in my entire life! I shall sue.

Anyway, quite bad. I prepared a cool reply, but since it seems he gave up, I'll show it to you anyway:

Hey, KM.

I'm tired of this whole enchilada, so here is how things will go:

Based on brazilian's law (and this law is valid on several other countries, I reckon), a "cease and desist" order must be sent to the addressee by registered postal mail - NOT e-mail. IF this legal order is not acknowledged in 24 hours after the letter is received (the date and time are printed in the receipt), then you can sue.

BTW: Don't expect me to accept a letter written in English, and much less Danish. The "offending" site is hosted in Brazil, so a letter will only have legal strenght if written in good Portuguese.

About me calling you a liar: I stand firm in my conviction you are a liar. If you are unhappy with it, you can sue me for defamation and ask for a "right to answer" to be written at the same web page. Good luck.

Don't expect me to fall for your FUD. I already stood my ground in front of Dolby and they gave up, so really you should have very few hope of making me scared with hollow words.

Regards;

Roberto

That's it. Thanks for your support, guys.

Best regards;

Roberto.

ReallyRareWares launched

Reply #85
ok, sorry for disturbing you.

i dont have time for more so you can go on with whatever it is you do.....

nice talking to you , one rarely comes across such a couple of nice
guys.....

karsten madsen / km

ps. if you dont know how to make it at least you may know how to steal it
(feel free to use it as your motto)

Like I said, he is all talk.  Once he saw that you weren't going to budge he backed down.  He was obviously trying to scare you, and no more.  Good job, Roberto!

ReallyRareWares launched

Reply #86
Good job, Roberto!

Thank-you.

Beer is on me tonight 

ReallyRareWares launched

Reply #87
Wow, this guy was hard to take.  I'll join the line to offer congratulations.

To say it politely, KM is full of TAC.

ReallyRareWares launched

Reply #88
-About stealing his "Design, Text and Photos": First, I never claimed they were mine, so I'm not stealing anything. I actually mention at the tac page the mirrored pages were made by him. Also, if mirroring pages without changing them was "stealing", archive.org would be in deep shit.

You're right...if you never "claimed" them, then it's not stealing.  It would only be an issue of hosting his software without his permission.  But then the burdon of proving the software is his would be on him.  That's when his lawyer would provide said proof, IF his threats were real, which they're apparently not.

-Stealing software: Bullshit, it was a public demo, that is available to this day at several web pages. E.G: here.

Your right...there's nothing wrong with hosting a public demo, as far as I know.  He should be HAPPY you're hosting it.  That's what public demos are for, to spread the word about your product to the masses, right?

-About calling him a liar: This one is more tricky. The proofs were at the VQF.com forums, that have now gone offline. I can think of countless eyewitnesses that SAW KM lieing about not owning an e-mail address (that he used to try to screw Ivan's site at hypermart), but since there are no more proofs.. heh
Maybe it would be safer to just cut the part about him being caught lieing?

He could only sue you for slander over that one, with the burdon of proving that he lied being on you.  Maybe it would be safer to remove that part (if you haven't already).

As for the rest, sounds like he's just a frustrated person, who's taking out his frustrations on you.  If he had any legal backing, he'd contact you ONCE so he can legally say that he contacted you, then go straight to his lawyer.  His continued ranting makes him out to be a phony.

No worries, Roberto...we'll back you up in every way possible! 

ReallyRareWares launched

Reply #89
OK... To commemorate my colorful Fatality over KM, I decided to update ReallyRareWares.

The news are at the index page. Special emphasis to Musepack SV5 and a decoder library that was never developer further, unfortunately.

Enjoy!

-Me

ReallyRareWares launched

Reply #90
MPEGplus AV5 apps, including a very rare decoding library

Just reporting the typo.

edit:  If it is a typo, I'm no expert on ultra-old versions of Musepack 

edit2:  The links on this page are broken (possible not intended to be working)

ReallyRareWares launched

Reply #91
Just reporting the typo.

Ooops. Fixed. Thanks for reporting.

ReallyRareWares launched

Reply #92
Special emphasis to Musepack SV5 and a decoder library that was never developer further

ur welcome 
Like I told u already, I unfortunately can't find the pre-SV4 stuff anymore 

oh, just noticed that the glossary link is broken.

ReallyRareWares launched

Reply #93

Yeah. Someday I must start working on it. 

Although I have been considering replacing the glossary link with the timeline, if I or someone else ever starts working on it.

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....ndpost&p=160629

ReallyRareWares launched

Reply #94

Yeah. Someday I must start working on it. 

Although I have been considering replacing the glossary link with the timeline, if I or someone else ever starts working on it.

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....ndpost&p=160629

*nudge nudge*  *wink wink*

OK, I get the hint. 

I'll try to put together at least a template for the timeline as soon as I can, but I'll be pretty busy for the next several days.

I don't have a good HTML generator, though, so I'm not sure how to do this in a useable way.  Unless someone could recommend a good (and free) one for me to use.

ReallyRareWares launched

Reply #95
I'll try to put together at least a template for the timeline as soon as I can, but I'll be pretty busy for the next several days.

No worries, man

And there is a templete online already:
http://www.rjamorim.com/rrw/timeline.html

Of course, feel free to create another one if that doesn't suit you.

About HTML generator: I never use WYSIWYG generators, I prefer text editors with syntax colouring, like UltraEdit, CuteHTML or GreenPad (very simple one, but free and quite unbloated  )

Regards;

Roberto.

ReallyRareWares launched

Reply #96
Thanks.

One thing I found on the site...

The great Roberto launches RareWares.

I think the "G" in the word "Great" should be capitalized, since it's a title.

ReallyRareWares launched

Reply #97
Thanks.

One thing I found on the site...

The great Roberto launches RareWares.

I think the "G" in the word "Great" should be capitalized, since it's a title.

Maybe rearrange the words too:  "Roberto The Great" sounds good to me  .

ReallyRareWares launched

Reply #98
Wow! Roberto, you should post this KM story in the news section, just to be sure that all the old timers will see this and will have as great minutes as I had while reading this amazing mail-exchange     

ReallyRareWares launched

Reply #99
Wow! Roberto, you should post this KM story in the news section, just to be sure that all the old timers will see this and will have as great minutes as I had while reading this amazing mail-exchange     

Hehe. I probably will, later when things calm down. For now, I am pretty happy about complying to KM's request to remove the mirrored pages - by adding two more mirrors

Also, I'm looking for other demos of TAC. If anyone has something different from what I already have there, you know where to send it...