Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Off topic: Mozilla is going to final 1.0. How do you rate th (Read 25643 times) previous topic - next topic

Off topic: Mozilla is going to final 1.0. How do you rate th

Reply #25
What is this TalkBack. You can't delete the registry key! Looks like sort of spyware

Reply #26
a little off topic but still interesting phenomena: how come all the 'open source' software (or most) look so damn ugly? like for example mozzila's desktop icons?

i found it kinda funny that with all that crazy development there is no time to launch that paint thing properly (omg@cdex navigational icons), there is a cool solution actually, dont make graphics, just make text buttons or even better pulldown menus & shortkeys. i dont even want to mention openoffice thingy, it looks like something made for windows 3.11

p.s. rotfl at oggdrop, cmd line encoders are cool, lol.
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

Reply #27
just download another theme

Reply #28
so i downloaded mozilla, and i don't really get it. i'm having a hard time trying to find all the hotkeys for stuff. basically, i'm just a lazy bastard, and i just can't live without all the hotkeys and mouse-gestures in opera. it's nice to see that it supports an mdi, though.

edit: well. so there's a bunch of them in all the pull down menus... but i'm too lazy to learn a new system anyway:)

Reply #29
can someone please tell me what talkback is. I'll uninstall it if noone does.

Reply #30
"Talkback enabled builds which transmit information about your crashes to a database where engineers can discover the most common crashes and fix them. Send a report for each crash you find during normal everyday use. Talkback is an easy way to report bugs and for a change, filing duplicate reports is good!"

So if your browser crashes, it sends a report to the Mozilla developpers and helps them improve the product.
No inspiration

Reply #31
Btw, just wanted to add that you always have the choice to let talkback transfer
data or not. So it's your choice if you think it's spyware

Reply #32
and where can i disable it. Didn't find it anywhere

Reply #33
Well, the few times, mozilla 1.0 rc1 crashed on me, a seperate talkback program window appeared. There, you could choose to send the report or not.
I don't know, if there's a general way to disable it, though.

Reply #34
It won't get active until Mozilla crashes, at which point you can just click 'don't send'.

--
GCP

Reply #35
thx for your help!

Reply #36
JohnV- with a cable modem, takes less than 1 second to load and be able to use site. Now, back to Mozilla...

Reply #37
just download another theme

yeah all i need is another 2mb download, dont get me wrong, i really respect mozzila otherwise, and i was talking about icons (that blue fish thingy) not the browsers look.
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8

Reply #38
For all of you who wanted mouse gestures have a look here:
http://optimoz.mozdev.org
Go to the install section and scroll a little downwards. You will have to install the experimental version (0.3.3) in order to get a functioning config window in Mozilla RC 1. The download is roughly 500k.
Btw: there are some good tools on mozdev (like an ad blocker).

But you are right about the icon. Maybe it's supposed to be some kind of tadpole mutating into a frog like creature and then a full grown fire spewing monster as Mozilla's development progresses, but they just forgot.

Reply #39
Mozilla RC 2 has been released!

Fixes include mainly stability issues and a rel. large security hole. Others were able to read any of your local files if you had java script activated and the path was known. (Was allready fixed in the nightly builds of may 3rd). Internet Explorer has the same bug, btw.

Reply #40
If you don't like the standard mozilla icons, and I don't either, have a look here:
http://www.grayrest.com/moz/resources/icons.shtml

There you can find spiffy icon replacements. I wonder why they aren't used in the normal mozilla builds..

Reply #41
Wow, now those *really* look sweet. Thanks for the hint, Arhu!

Reply #42
I just downloaded mozilla and I think it's great!!!

And JohnV, mozilla loads ha faster than IE on my machine.

Reply #43
If IE was not running 24/7 with Windows Mozilla would beat it hands down for startup. It has far superior cookie management and support like it's older brother Netscape. In case no one else had noticed IE's cookie management is crap. Javascript control is second to none. Kill the popups without killing javascript! Block those unwanted banner ads? No problem. The mouse guestures are awesome as well. A fearture of Opera's that I had alwways liked. And when it comes to stability Mozilla is coming along very nicely!!

Reply #44
Once you've updated to Mozilla RC2 (definitely do), I highly recommend you turn on HTTP Persistent Connections, makes a huge difference in page loads and displays.

To do so: Edit->Preferences->Advancd->HTTP Networking. Clikc the box that says "Enable Persistent Connections". Then restart the browser, just to be sure.

Make's a big difference to an already great browser. I never really liked the stuff other than the browser though (like Mail, Composer, News and Chatzilla). I'm the Unix type, do one thing and do it well (which the browser does do).

Reply #45
Should I enable pipelining as well?

Reply #46
If you don't like the standard mozilla icons, and I don't either, have a look here
yup, pretty nice, now all i have to do is to make my script run in mozilla as well

Reply #47
RC2 is *really* fast!!

btw, is there a plugin so that i can use php offline with mozilla without having omnihttp installed?

Reply #48
Can anybody give me an evaluation on Mozilla 1.x vs. Opera 6.x?

I would like to know what I'm missing by using Opera.

Reply #49
Originally posted by Benjamin Lebsanft
btw, is there a plugin so that i can use php offline with mozilla without having omnihttp installed?

Seems pretty much impossible.