Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: (MPC) safe encodings?? (Read 3138 times) previous topic - next topic

(MPC) safe encodings??

Ok I'm a very happy mpc'er, the quality is greaaat (thank you andree and frank, you do great work).

But the recent posts of errors with gapless playback and the numerous releases of in_mpc and mpcenc are confusing me a bit.

I encoded my files with mpcenc ranging from 0.90 to the recent 1.01g just following whenever a new version comes out, but now my question is : could there be something wrong with my mpc's encoded with the previous versions??
Should I not always follow the newest version?? (because the current mpcenc displays --alpha-- which in my eyes means not fully tested)

Damm it's getting confusing to encode with quality these days.

:confused:
-->xmixahlx<-- learn the truth about audio-compression

(MPC) safe encodings??

Reply #1
Right now you can't go too wrong with the MPC 1.0 "final SV7" version. Yes, the gapless bug is fixed in 1.01g, but i would wait for the next version for archiving needs, because of the "hotfix" nature of this release.

(MPC) safe encodings??

Reply #2
I encoded the same wav file with the MPC encoder v 1.0 and with 1.01i and then compared by content two mpc files. The difference between them was only in headers.