Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: oggenc questions: (Read 2850 times) previous topic - next topic

oggenc questions:

I have a question about using the -b (Managed Bitstreams) instead of the -q switch in oggenc. In RC4 or in any future release will the managed bitstream switched be optimized? I am well aware that the quality switch is used instead of a managed bitstream switch, because of the improvment of using it for better short block tuning on VBR streams and how is recommended, I thought I saw something about monty working on that correction, but I wasn't sure and wanted that clarified. I wanted to run some tests on some samples in the future quite possibly, and I prefer to have the ability to test those samples using an ABR of my own choice, but realize that switch gives inadequate results in RC3 for the time being. I am also wondering if  it will be possible to implement a switch that would allow the user to choose between current and future implementations of lossless and lossy channel coupling mechanisms for lower-bitstreams, or would these coupling mechanisms have to be fixed with the executable phys-model and that wouldn't be possible? any comments will be well appreciated. Thanks.
budding I.T professional