Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Replacing HEOS with Foobar2000 (Read 1623 times) previous topic - next topic

Replacing HEOS with Foobar2000

I have a Denon AVR-X4500H which I like a lot except for the 300 track limit with HEOS. I have been trying to find a way to use Foobar2000 on my cell phone to play through the Denon. Is this possible? I am definitely not well versed on this and would appreciate any help. Thank you so much!
.....Gord

Re: Replacing HEOS with Foobar2000

Reply #2
I have a Denon AVR-X4500H which I like a lot except for the 300 track limit with HEOS. I have been trying to find a way to use Foobar2000 on my cell phone to play through the Denon. Is this possible?
The foobar2000 mobile app is just a player, so can't be used to control music to the HEOS.

If you haven't already got one (I believe HEOS can use a media server as source) you'll need a media server to index your files e.g. MinimServer, and a control point such as the aforementioned BubbleUPnP Android app to control playback.