Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Install both 32bit and 64bit? (Read 393 times) previous topic - next topic

Install both 32bit and 64bit?

Hello Forum,

I'm a long time foobar user, and I regularly use the 32bit version running (in standard mode).

I'd like to try the 64bit version, but I'm sure some plugins will not work (from my understanding, in the plugin folder you should see two dlls -somewhere- one compiled for 32 and one for 64bit).

so I'd like to install both versions, and somewhat "share" the same settings.
Is that possible?

Re: Install both 32bit and 64bit?

Reply #1
Not really, you will need to install them as portable versions separately (different folders).

In my opinion there is no real advantage to the 64-bit version if the 32-bit does what you want.
It's your privilege to disagree, but that doesn't make you right and me wrong.

Re: Install both 32bit and 64bit?

Reply #2
Thanks for the reply.

Additionally, I just noticed a strange thing: I actually have foobar 32bit on two pcs.
One is a very old installation that was regularly updated, and it seems that some plugins on that PC _do_ have also the x64 version installed (well, I should say unzipped).

But I know as a fact that foobar 32 bit picks only the 32bit dll from the .fb2k file.
So possibly it has changed at some point (maybe some older foobar used to unzip everything).