Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar 2.1.2 release fails to read DTS-CD's properly. (Read 226 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar 2.1.2 release fails to read DTS-CD's properly.

When I installed Foobar 2.1.2 release to read and play several of my DTS-CD's, I found out that only the first track of such a CD is decoded by the ffmpeg decoder build in this release. Playing another track brings up the noise that you get when playing a DTS-CD in an ordinary CD-player. It seems that foobar2.1.2 does not apply the DTS decoder automatically on all the tracks of a DTS-CD.

You can force Foobar to play a track with noise using the DTS decoder by going into the preferences menu and change the processing of the ReplayGain into something else and click on apply. Then the track currently playing "noise" will be decoded by DTS. So foobar can recognize that the track is actually a DTS-track. Please apply this automatically as you would expect.

Can you change this behaviour to apply DTS-decoding automatically on tracks other then being track 1 only.

Thanks in advance.