Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Fonts suddenly become ugly (Read 805 times) previous topic - next topic

Fonts suddenly become ugly

Hi there!

This always happens when I close "Quick search" window (foo_quicksearch). The fonts in the main foobar2000 window become bold and bigger. Please see gif screen record. Without "Quick search" there are no problems.

X

I'm using:
 • Windows 8.1 64
 • foobar2000 v2.1.1 32-bit
 • foo_quicksearch v3.6

Re: Fonts suddenly become ugly

Reply #2
I have Windows ClearType set on. And no DPI-scaling (just 100%).

Reply #6
You can use quicksearch also as toolbar panel.

Yep, it would at least go un-noticed during normal usage. It would still bork when removing using layout editing mode though.

Reply #7
You can use quicksearch also as toolbar panel.
Yes, like a bar panel it do works without crashes. So it's a working workaround, thank you!  The only limitation is if you edit search query of "quick search" autoplaylist. In this case "quick search" window pops up, and after closing it we're back to where we started.

I can make my own component do exactly the same thing by writing bad code like this in this attachment. My released components do not do this...
Should foobar2000 itself wrap or intercept such bad code? Should I write to dear Peter?