Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Feature Request: display additional tag and file info (Read 547 times) previous topic - next topic

Feature Request: display additional tag and file info

I'm running v1.4.1 on Android (FiiO M7; no wifi) (just upgraded to v1.4.2, but haven't fired it up yet). 1.4.1 is the first foobar2000 mobile I've used, and I'm definitely sticking with it, just like on Windows.

One thing the default FiiO Music Player offers is extended file info by tapping on the album art (the view toggles back and forth). It would be great to have that functionality in foobar2000. I'm thinking display all existing tag info, esp. Comment, maybe some file stats like type, audio properties, path, et al. If it proves to be a long list, that section could be scrollable.

Hope that's not pie-in-the-sky.

Cheers, and thanks for a great app.

Re: Feature Request: display additional tag and file info

Reply #1
Hi, Sancho.

The feature you are requesting is something I have wished for a long time too.
As far as I know, what and how information is displayed  on the playback screen are controled by skinning (custom skin theme for fb2k for mobile).
Therefore, the feature could be implemented by creating a skin that would display information on additional details on the playback screen (but not in interactive forms such as displaying them upon tapping artwork like you mentioned).

We have just been informed that the skin on newer version (1.5) of fb2k for mobile will provide a means of displaying more detailed information.
If I could find the time, I may update my skins NewMoon 1.0 and 1.0s to display more track and album information.
Right now, I am hoping to be able to display the codec, bits per sample, sample rate, bit rate, and replay gain information of the playback track.

https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,125209.0.html
https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000_Mobile:Skin_file_format
Can use classic foobar2000 titleformatting (%fields%, $functions(), etc) in labels to present playing track information.

Reply #2
Interesting.  If not "tapping on the album art", what about an additional screen that could be exposed by swiping left?  IIRC, swiping right just goes back to the previous screen.  Whichever direction, I wonder if that's possible, though perhaps it's not too different than tapping the art to, in essence, change the screen.

Good luck!

Reply #3
It is probably difficult to implement interactive features by skinning other than playback operations (i.e., play, pause, stop, previous and next track, seeking) and displaying the playback menu (i.e., "More by <artist>" and etc.).

Therefore, realistically it is likely that a limited amount of additional information will always be displayed on the playback screen. Comments, file paths, etc. would be redundant and may be difficult to display in this manner.

If additional if statements or other syntax for skinning were provided, it might enables us to temporarily display certain information on the playback screen.
Currently, I have no idea how to implement the feature in an interactive manner.