Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Change Metadata after making a rip? (Read 2453 times) previous topic - next topic

Change Metadata after making a rip?

I was ripping 2 discs that were part of the same set. However, when it asked me about the site I wanted to collect metadata from, I chose different sites for both of the cds. The two sites have different genres for the music, different capitalization, and a few other things. Is there any way to change the metadata of a dump that I already made?

Re: Change Metadata after making a rip?

Reply #1
Do you mean edit it manually, or re-tag it using a different database?

Editing manually is easy enough, it can be done with fb2k but personally I use MP3Tag.
It's your privilege to disagree, but that doesn't make you right and me wrong.

Reply #2
Yes it is easy to fix afterwards. Also if your preferred source is MusicBrainz, you can use their Picard tagger to retrieve from that source. There is a MusicBrainz component for foobar2000 too.

when it asked me about the site I wanted to collect metadata from
"it" ... what application? CUETools has its own subforum. Also, no matter whether you used CUERipper or not: CUETools can retrieve from MusicBrainz upon conversion (if it recognizes the album).

Reply #3
I just used CUEtools. Thanks for suggesting that.

Reply #4
Do you mean edit it manually, or re-tag it using a different database?

Editing manually is easy enough, it can be done with fb2k but personally I use MP3Tag.

Fooball...I have a question. After ripping, can I replace the jpeg file of its over with another one manually? I wonder if it will damage the log score. Or is there any recommended way to change the cover picture. Thanks.

Reply #5
I don't know what you mean by "log score", but yes MP3Tag provides options to add multiple cover art to multiple tracks (and remove it).  You can even copy and paste cover art from one track to another.
It's your privilege to disagree, but that doesn't make you right and me wrong.

Reply #6
I don't know what you mean by "log score", but yes MP3Tag provides options to add multiple cover art to multiple tracks (and remove it).  You can even copy and paste cover art from one track to another.

Thanks. I'll try it.