Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v2.0 bugs (Read 136944 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foobar2000 v2.0 bugs

Reply #200
FB v2 reoports "Unable to open item for playback (Could not start the decoder: could not start the worker process):..."
Maybe your windows is blocking ffmpeg.exe/ffprobe.exe somehow. You know, there is such thing in windows: "This File Came From Another Computer And Might be Blocked to help protect this computer"

I'm guessing FFMPEG doesn't support the format
Your guess is wrong.

For those who forgot why fb2k on windows 10 refuses to play wma lossless by default - https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,117275.0.html , https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,117578.0.html

Reply #202
FB v2 reoports "Unable to open item for playback (Could not start the decoder: could not start the worker process):..."
Maybe your windows is blocking ffmpeg.exe/ffprobe.exe somehow. You know, there is such thing in windows: "This File Came From Another Computer And Might be Blocked to help protect this computer"

Your guess is wrong.

For those who forgot why fb2k on windows 10 refuses to play wma lossless by default - https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,117275.0.html , https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,117578.0.html

Hello @gus. and @Bogozo , thanks a lot for your kind and prompt follow-up on my reported issue.
Well, if I have correctly understood, there is no solution right now available for Foobar (please correct me if I am wrong).

Thant's not a big issue for me, I have just a few WMA files and I can use other players.
At this point, do you recommend me to remove FFmpeg wrapper (foo_imput_FFmpeg)?
I will keep only the default foo_input_std.

Thanks again and kind regards, Andrea

Reply #203
The problem about WMAL playback is that ... it isn't lossless if the output signal isn't correct.
And for an application that is often used for lossless conversion, it does not really make sense to take responsibility for converting that. With WMAL being a dying format, people would be tempted to convert their WMAL files to something better, and with the output possibly being broken ... one should at least be warned from here to Hades. Don't throw away the original.

I suppose you want to do the following.
(1) Convert them "as losslessly as seems possible". I guess you would try those different decoders that are around? (You can try to bitcompare afterwards.)
(2) Stuff your WMALs away in a backup.
(3) Tag those converted files, or keep them in a way that distinguish them. (Say, using a different codec/setting than you would otherwise use.)

Microsoft was about to scrap WMAL already with Vista , https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-convert-wma-lossless-to-wav/15dabe00-ef24-4f7e-811f-a4ae4855b916 - I don't know if the XP decoding "is known as reliable" nor whether it is available without firing up an old XP. (And even then ... how?)

Reply #204
if I have correctly understood, there is no solution right now available for Foobar (please correct me if I am wrong).
@AndreaT  Solution is to use foo_input_ffmpeg. Why there is problem with running ffmpeg binaries on your system, this is another question.
Is your windows 32-bit or 64-bit ? If it is 32-bit, you need 32-bit ffmpeg, not 64-bit that @Gus. gave link to. 32-bit ffmpeg can be downloaded from here - https://github.com/sudo-nautilus/FFmpeg-Builds-Win32/releases/download/latest/ffmpeg-master-latest-win32-gpl.zip

Reply #205
The Layout Editing Mode can't be finished completely.
After switching it off the blue splitters indeed turn to grey ...
but even locked (the new method) splitters stay movable.
Since this isn't corrected until beta 8: Isn't this a bug?  :o
That has nothing to do with layout editing mode. You can move the splitters even if you skip that part. That is how they currently work, Peter is aware of the request to restore old locking behavior. I can't comment if things will change.
I support this request!
+1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #206
Re: Playlist view > right click a column header > columns

If one has many custom columns that cannot all be displayed within the context menu, an up button and down button appear respectively.

1. It doesn't look like the aforementioned buttons don't respect dark mode (see attached image)
2. Using these buttons actually becomes very cumbersome when repeatedly clicking the down button to navigate to the bottom of the context menu. I think it would be a lot more elegant to replace this behaviour with a scrollbar on the context menu when it's required.

Reply #207

Your guess is wrong.

Hello @gus. and @Bogozo , thanks a lot for your kind and prompt follow-up on my reported issue.
Well, if I have correctly understood, there is no solution right now available for Foobar (please correct me if I am wrong).

Thant's not a big issue for me, I have just a few WMA files and I can use other players.
At this point, do you recommend me to remove FFmpeg wrapper (foo_imput_FFmpeg)?
I will keep only the default foo_input_std.

Thanks again and kind regards, Andrea

I keep both FFMPEG Wrapper and FFMPEG up to date.  I have both of those but I seldom use them.  Usually when an operating system is blocking something it's that something is too new and antivirus doesn't like it.  You can try whitelisting stuff antivirus don't like.  I have a fair amount trust in both foobar2000's developer and FFMPEG's developer to know their stuff is safe and reputable.  WMA sucks overall mainly because it's maker, Microsoft more or less abandoned it.  If you have the original sources somewhere else such as a CD you ripped it from, you can re-encode it to a different format.

Reply #208
I'm using Windows with Loudness Equalization turned on.
foobar2000 2.0 beta 12 x64 uses Playback - Output - Device: Primary Sound Driver.
If you check Fading (Enable smooth seeking, pause and volume changes) option, Loudness Equalization DSP is used normally.
By the way, if it is unchecked, the volume will be reduced as if Loudness Equalization is not used.

Reply #209
[v2 beta 12] Play count isn't updated, if the track is never played (play_count 0).

EDIT: Never mind. There went something wrong during update to v2. Problem solved with new installation.

Reply #211
Glitches: DUI

• Main Menu Commands truncated (Win11: Scale 125%)
  • Visualization Spectrum panel cut at the bottom

Reply #212
SACD DSD files did not get imported on upgrade
Anybody else experiencing this issue? Is it due to the SACD plugin (which is working fine in 1.16)?
The .dsf files will play in v2 beta 12 but are not visible in my library anymore.
If I add the folder manually playstats are still intact (ie Dated added is good, playcount etc...)
Thx

Reply #213
Bug: Terrible Memory leaks in Visualization panels. From 200MB to 1000MB in an hour! More then one visualization is effected.

EDIT: Removed Coverflow Mod: no increase in Memory consumption. (See Screenshot 2)

Reply #214
SACD DSD files did not get imported on upgrade
Anybody else experiencing this issue? Is it due to the SACD plugin (which is working fine in 1.16)?
The .dsf files will play in v2 beta 12 but are not visible in my library anymore.
If I add the folder manually playstats are still intact (ie Dated added is good, playcount etc...)
Thx
Never mind this was probably due to installing the 64bit version then reinstalling 32bit afterwards due to missing components. I clean reinstalled with a backup of my library and everything worked fine.

I have to say so far so good with v2 I love the new covert art addtion in playlist view and the fluid spectrum visualization with HW acceleration it's a lot smoother.  Now I'd love to be able to modify ratings using stars while writing to tag in the playlist view instead of needing a right click with quicktagger...

Reply #216
FOUND SOLUTION FOR PLAYING 24bit WMA on Foobar 32bit

Thanks @Gus@Bogozo @Chibisteven , I have finally been able to play those 24bit WMA on my 32bit Foobar V2 using the following ffmpeg decoders package:  https://github.com/sudo-nautilus/FFmpeg-Builds-Win32/releases/tag/latest

Regards, Andrea

Great! If you're running a 32-bit OS, then yes, you'll need 32-bit builds of ffmpeg, most builds nowadays are 64-bit only.

Reply #217
Hi,

An existing Converter-Preset can't be saved (Portable Mode).
I've changed my Destination-Setting and after I clicked BACK and SAVE there's no request to really SAVE and CONVERT don't run.

Reply #218
[Repeat of this post I made a couple of days ago. Maybe this thread is the best place to post it?]

I can't use search when a filter including "NOT" is applied.

I use default UI and facets.

When I've got a filter like "NOT %genre% HAS Live" active, as soon as I type anything in the search box (even just "a"), nothing shows up. All the facets panels go completely blank.

It looks like this only happens when the filter includes "NOT".

I have two filters:

1. Live: %genre% HAS Live
and
2. Not Live: NOT %genre% HAS Live.

The first one works as expected (search is possible when the filter is applied) but the second one returns nothing when anything is typed in the search box.

It's the same in v2 beta 11 and v2 beta 12. But the issue doesn't exist in v1.

I presume this is a (major) bug but perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Reply #219
[Repeat of this post I made a couple of days ago. Maybe this thread is the best place to post it?]

I can't use search when a filter including "NOT" is applied.

I use default UI and facets.

When I've got a filter like "NOT %genre% HAS Live" active, as soon as I type anything in the search box (even just "a"), nothing shows up. All the facets panels go completely blank.

It looks like this only happens when the filter includes "NOT".

I have two filters:

1. Live: %genre% HAS Live
and
2. Not Live: NOT %genre% HAS Live.

The first one works as expected (search is possible when the filter is applied) but the second one returns nothing when anything is typed in the search box.

It's the same in v2 beta 11 and v2 beta 12. But the issue doesn't exist in v1.

I presume this is a (major) bug but perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks.

I've been messing around with filters trying to replicate the bug you experienced and haven't been able to do it.
Everything seems to be working for me. Here was my working query...
NOT %genre% HAS soundtrack

Weird issue.

Reply #221
Statistics such as rating is now hard linked to the file path, which means if the file is moved, the rating is loss.

Please add an option to use the old Playback Statistics (foo_playcount) behavior. While this may not be as accurate, it is good enough for me.

If not, please allow the use of the old foo_playcount component, and recompile it for 64 bit.

Thank you.

Reply #222
Beta 12 32bit: After I delete files via "File Operations, Dele Files" - my autoplaylists still keep those entries. I.e., they aren't removed from the database. Tracks disappear after manual refresh of database. Is that intended? Can't fb2k, even if library is set to manual refresh only, delete entries if files are deleted via fb2k's UI?

Reply #223
Statistics such as rating is now hard linked to the file path, which means if the file is moved, the rating is loss.

Please add an option to use the old Playback Statistics (foo_playcount) behavior. While this may not be as accurate, it is good enough for me.

If not, please allow the use of the old foo_playcount component, and recompile it for 64 bit.

Thank you.
That's not true. Beside the Playback Statistics database, the data (rating etc.) can be written to file tags. This can be done automatically by store playback statistics in file tags in Preferences or manually by Write statistics to file tags in context menu. If you loose the playback statistics database, restore it with Import statistics from file tags in context menu.

Reply #224
[v2 beta 12] Play count isn't updated, if the track is never played (play_count 0).

EDIT: Never mind. There went something wrong during update to v2. Problem solved with new installation.

Any idea what exactly the problem was? Am having the same problem - if the track is played for the first time play count isn't updating! Reinstalling didn't solve.