Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Bug? Keyboard transport buttons not always working when program is not active (Read 992 times) previous topic - next topic

Bug? Keyboard transport buttons not always working when program is not active

Hi all

Since trying the 1.4 betas (I've tried 7, 9 and now 11 I think), every now and then the keyboard shortcuts / transport buttons don't work when the program is not active.  Once I make the program active, they work again.  And they work fine again afterwards even when the program is inactive again.  Until the next time that is...   :))

Any ideas why this is happening?  Is anyone else having the same problem? 

The keyboard is a Logitech K360.  I'm on Windows 7 Pro SP1.  I've not had the problem before with older versions of FB.

Cheers

Re: Bug? Keyboard transport buttons not always working when program is not active

Reply #1
Just to confirm, do you use the Default UI?

Re: Bug? Keyboard transport buttons not always working when program is not active

Reply #2
I think I do!  It is pretty standard, although I do change some colours etc.  Is there anywhere I can check to confirm?

Many thanks

Reply #3
File -> Preferences -> Display. The UI is listed at the top under "User interface module" headline.

Reply #4
Thanks Case. 

Yes, it is indeed the Default User Interface.

Reply #5
Any further thoughts from anyone?  I have since read another thread (or two) where people's keyboard controls are not working AT ALL when FB is not in focus.  In my case though they work the vast majority of the time.  The problem is very intermittent and I cannot figure out any pattern as to why and when it happens.

Reply #6
There have been similar mysterious bug reports before but we never found any reason why this would happen.

There is a workaround for this-
Manually bind all relevant keystrokes via Preferences / Keyboard Shortcuts, with "global hotkey" checked
You're not supposed to be doing this unless there's a bug somewhere. We'll keep looking for a better solution to this.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #7
Thanks Peter - if it persists then I think that work around will be fine for me...  The net result should be exactly the same so all good.  Not sure why I didn't think of it myself! 

Cheers