Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Pops and clicks - FLAC 44.1/96kHz, iPhone 6S, iOS 10.2, external DAC FiiO E18 (Read 810 times) previous topic - next topic

Pops and clicks - FLAC 44.1/96kHz, iPhone 6S, iOS 10.2, external DAC FiiO E18

Hi

I've had this problem with several players on my iPhone, but I'll try here and see if maybe the developers of foobar can tell why/how this happens. When playing flac, I hear "pops and clicks" randomly scattered through a song, maybe every 20-30 seconds, one pop/click. Exactly like when playing a scratched LP.

I use iPhone 6 or 6S and external DAC Fiio E18 Kunlun connected via Apple CCK. I hear this issue playing FLAC 44.1/16 and 96/24 using foobar2000, and actually also several other players. Originally I used the Cappricio player on iOS 9, and it worked fine - no problems. Then I updated to iOS 10 with same version of Cappricio, also no problems. But then I updated Cappricio to the "iOS 10" version and it started to happen. Then I switched to foobar2000 on iOS10, and the issue is still present.

The problem started when switching to iOS 10 and the players apps designed for that version, be it foobar2000, Capriccio, Vox or Onkyo HF player.

Why oh why? What did apple change in the API's / data stream to the external DAC that suddenly made my FiiO E10 misbehave? I've tried writing FiiO - they replied politely, but no real answers.

/JesperHVL