Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar 1.3.10 won't play music anymore (Read 761 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar 1.3.10 won't play music anymore

I used it yesterday just fine.  Put my laptop to sleep overnight and then foobar would not play any of my songs.  The cursor does not move forward at all.

Things I've tried:

- quit and started a new foobar
- reinstalled foobar
- uninstalled completely (remove entire folder and the config folder boxes checked); installed fresh
- added new songs to the play list
- opened a song file from the menu
- double clicked on a song file from windows explorer
- hitting stop and then play
- pause and then play
- dragging the cursor to a point in the song and press play

If I drag the cursor to a place in the song, the spectrum changes as if it has read the file and interpreted the music, but it doesn't move from there.  It also will show the correct album artwork for each song.

I'm using foobar 1.3.10 on Windows 7.  The music files are all in FLAC.

Anything else I should try?

Thanks,

-tom

Re: foobar 1.3.10 won't play music anymore

Reply #1
I rebooted my machine and now it works.  Looks like something outside of foobar was broken.

Reply #2
There might have been a problem with your audio drivers. Which audio hardware do you have and which output device do you use in foobar2000?

Reply #3
I use an Audioengine D1 DAC, so I usually use that driver.  I tried using the Primary Sound Driver and the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver.  None worked.

Usually when the driver is wrong or not working, the song "plays", but I can't hear it.  In this case, the song was not playing at all.

Thanks.