Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Multiple tags for one continuous mix (Read 872 times) previous topic - next topic

Multiple tags for one continuous mix

I have multi-track gapless audio files in flac format saved on my pc that plays fine (i.e. no gaps) when playing on my pc or car stereo.

However, if I upload to my Google Music it automatically gets converted to mp3 & when playing it back, gaps are present.

The only way to get rid of the gaps is to join each track end-to-end on Audacity & then save it as one continuous file. The caveat is that I lose the ability to tag each track separately.

My question is, is there a software that will allow me to tag one continuous file with multiple tags at specific time markers?
As an example:
Song 1 goes from 00:00 - 03:00 - add tag for that time frame
Song 2 goes from 03:00:01 - 05:00 - add tag for that time frame
So forth & so on...

If that's not possible, what's the easiest way to remove gaps from multi-track mp3's, keeping in mind that none of the tracks had silence in their original flac format to begin with.

Re: Multiple tags for one continuous mix

Reply #1
Unless it's something not found in their catalog, Google Music only uses the file you upload as a reference and adds the file from their own catalog to your collection. So if you upload a specific version of an album, you cannot be sure that the track on Google Music is actually that same version.

So if the album in question is not gapless in Google Music's catalog, it will not be gapless in your 'uploaded' collection. And I'm pretty sure Google Music doesn't fully support gapless playback. It does pre-buffer the start of the next track to the make transition seem gapless, but there are no guarantees of actual gapless playback.