Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Floyd Toole - Sound reproduction – art and science/opinions and facts (Read 17447 times) previous topic - next topic

Floyd Toole - Sound reproduction – art and science/opinions and facts

Reply #50
I might suggest that the bumps in the impedance curve between 1 Kz and 15 KHz may have a common cause with similar bumps in the response curve.

The lower curves show directivity, not impedance.
Just ignore aj - he either brought up impedance because he is very confused or just to troll.
"I hear it when I see it."

Reply #51
Just ignore aj - he either brought up impedance because he is very confused or just to troll.

Love you too man. 
Arnies on the right track, just looking in the wrong place!
Loudspeaker manufacturer

Reply #52
Not something I would put in my house, thanks.

BTW it is the response curve of an ideal loudspeaker 1/4 of a wavelength @ 1 KHz from an ideal wall in an ideal room (anechoic chamber, or equivalent).

Given that you no doubt have non-ideal walls and speakers, whatever you do have is tons messier.

So, what's the response with the grills off?  It might just change my mind.

Depends on the grilles, but typically very minor in comparison.

D'oh! I thought I was looking at the response of a dipole.

Reply #53
You don't know why you brought up impedance yourself?

Arnolds trying to help you, pay attention. 

What don't I know? Diffraction in dipoles? Interference?

Would you refer to those as resonances as Toole does, or not?

Your are just a troll. Go away. Play your derailing games in some other thread, or better yet on some other forum.

You beckoned, then you cry. Strange....
Loudspeaker manufacturer

Reply #54
You've earned a place next to amir on my ignore list for repeatedly not being able to answer simple questions. Can't have a discussion with someone who constantly evades and constantly makes trollish remarks.
Please post your utterly dispensable comments here.
Thank you and bye.
"I hear it when I see it."