Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Start playing a playlist on start up? (Read 1408 times) previous topic - next topic

Start playing a playlist on start up?

Hi folks!

Wondering whether there's a way of getting a playlist to start playing automatically upon opening?

Also--is there a way of using keyboard shortcuts without having the foobar window active? Say, if I was working in another program and wanted to skip a track without alt+tab'ing to foobar?

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Reply #1
1) you can get foobar to resume from where it left off when you last closed it. look under file>preferences>playback.

2) yes, you just need to make sure you tick the box global hotkey (file>preferences>keyboard shortcuts)

Reply #2
You could also create a playlist file, set foobar as the default application and use that playlist to open foobar.

Or maybe...
To avoid having to update playlists constantly, i use batch files which i leave in each folder of my collection. They open foobar and tell it to play that folder. Depending on your needs, you might be able to do something similar.

Reply #3
Global hotkeys! How did I miss that

Thanks for that guys. I think creating a batch file would be the route to go down.

@andrew_berge: Is there any chance you would mine sharing an example of the code you use to accomplish this? I'm not all au fait with batch files. No worries if not.

Reply #4
Okay. I made this a while ago, so i don't actually remember what everything does, but it's this:

start "Play Folder" /d "%cd%" /b "C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe" "%cd%"

If i remember correctly, %cd% is the batch file's location, so if you want to open a specific folder i think all you have to do is replace that with the new path.
If you want something more complicated than just opening a folder, this may come in handy.

Reply #5
Okay. I made this a while ago, so i don't actually remember what everything does, but it's this:

start "Play Folder" /d "%cd%" /b "C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe" "%cd%"

If i remember correctly, %cd% is the batch file's location, so if you want to open a specific folder i think all you have to do is replace that with the new path.
If you want something more complicated than just opening a folder, this may come in handy.

Thanks Andrew! That's just what the doctor ordered

Reply #6
start "Play Library" /d "C:\Users\hgxrrbcx\Desktop" /b "C:\Users\hgxrrbcx\Desktop\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe" "/command:New Playlist" "library.fpl"

Worked a treat! Thanks again!

Reply #7
Glad i could help