Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Samples with high DR (Read 16817 times) previous topic - next topic

Samples with high DR

Reply #50
Assuming you wanted to turn up the volume enough to hear the -115dB part, you would hear pretty much the same thing in properly dithered 16 bit.

Samples with high DR

Reply #51
AndyH-ha, if I'll turn up the volume enough, I will also hear a dither noise along with desired signal. It's not critical, but unwanted.

2Bdecided
That's a nice CD (I don't have it, or the DVD, but I've heard it in demos). How can you be sure that the -115dB samples are at all relevant? It could be during the fade out.

I'm not sure, of course. But anyway that's interesting. How could you explain such a low background noise floor? Extremely good high-expensive equipment? Noise cancelling?

P.S. Hm, but it can be so...  If processing is completely digital, fading out can cause regions with very low level.
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

Samples with high DR

Reply #52
I doubt you'd hear dither anywhere but during a fade-out.

I don't think this track is actually benefiting from having 24-bits besides playing games with the volume control during playback.

IMO, rock isn't the best genre to be looking for this kind of thing.

Samples with high DR

Reply #53
[How could you explain such a low background noise floor? Extremely good high-expensive equipment? Noise cancelling?

Dynamic range expanders and noise gates. One could use them even on dirt cheap, very noisy sources (filled with background hiss) and still obtain what measures as a very large dynamic range recording.