Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How exactly does "ReplayGain > Scan per-file track gain" work with new songs? (Read 977 times) previous topic - next topic

How exactly does "ReplayGain > Scan per-file track gain" work with new songs?

Hi, I have a playlist with all of my songs (already used Scan per-file track gain with them). If I add new songs to it, select every song, and use Scan per-file track gain, does this set the ReplayGain for the new songs so that they are equal to the already existing ones? Or would I have to re-scan and set the ReplayGain for every single song?

Re: How exactly does "ReplayGain > Scan per-file track gain" work with new songs?

Reply #1
does this set the ReplayGain for the new songs so that they are equal to the already existing ones?
per-file is scanning per file. This file's RG figure is what you would have gotten if scanning this file alone.

Re: How exactly does "ReplayGain > Scan per-file track gain" work with new songs?

Reply #2
per-file is scanning per file. This file's RG figure is what you would have gotten if scanning this file alone.

Damn I'm dumb. I always read the "Scan as album" like "Scan by album" and thought that per-track would equalize them.
So do you know the answer if I'm using "Scan as a single album"?