Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Copy pictures between FLAC files (Read 2332 times) previous topic - next topic

Copy pictures between FLAC files

Hi, this week I've re-ripped (for AccurateRip reasons) some of my CDs using CUETools, ending up with a bunch of files without embedded album art.
Perhaps it's more of a user error, but I haven't found any component  for managing flac embedded pictures in fb2k; mp3tag does a good job at inserting pictures, but as far as I know it's not designed for copying all images from one file to another.

So I have written a little .net program that does just this. It allowed me to copy all picture metadata from my old flacs to my freshly ripped ones, preserving picture types and descriptions without altering the existing metadata.

Maybe someone finds it useful, or maybe someone can point me to a better way of managing flac embedded album art.

I'm not a programmer, and have had not time to test it thoroughly, so it's advisable to run it where it can do no harm, and to backup your files.

Usage: drag and drop a source and a destination flacs to the textboxes and click 'process'; the program treats your files as read-only, and creates a new file that has all metadata and audio frames from the destination file plus all pictures from the source file.

[attachment=5958:FlacPict...20100604.7z]

Reply #1
I'm not a programmer, and have had not time to test it thoroughly, so it's advisable to run it where it can do no harm, and to backup your files.

Looks good any contributions to the community are always valued above nothing at all!. Very practical and neat tool. In Linux for instance we would do this with a Shell or Perl script. 
budding I.T professional

Reply #2
Thanks for the feedback; btw I wonder if Linux users would value a GTK gui, I use windows.forms because the api is more suited for noobs.

Here there's a new version with a couple more options.

[attachment=5959:FlacPict...20100605.7z]