Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Yamaha Rear-out problem (Read 2141 times) previous topic - next topic

Yamaha Rear-out problem

I've got an Yamaha X-Wave 6000. The model is YMF 754-R, or at least that's what it says on the chip on the card. I wanted to connect another set of speakers to the REAR OUT to have some surround. Unfortunately i can't get that rear out to work.
When i was using Win98 with the drivers from Yamaha there was an Yamaha Control Panel in the windows cotrol panel. Now i'm using WinXP and no matter which drivers i use (the windws standard or Yamaha) the rear-out doesn't work. With the yamaha drivers for WinXP i do have a Yamaha panel but no setting for the rear-out. I also tried to set my speakers as Quadrophonic Speakers in the sound options - nothing. The AC3 filter also doesn't manage to get it to work when i set it to 2/2 surround.
The only reason i can think of right now is that the drivers are probably not for the EXACT model, but i'm not sure.
Please give suggestions.
Thanks in advance!

Yamaha Rear-out problem

Reply #1
WinXP seems to be generally bad for audio issues.
It has some weird audio drivers which interfere with the card's own drivers; I had problems with my soundcard, too (I'm using ME because of that  ).
I've also heard of other users encountering problems...
I know that I know nothing. But how can I then know that ?

Yamaha Rear-out problem

Reply #2
I found out that the newer drivers don't support 4-channel audio. So i installed the 2234 version for Win2K which support it for sure. With those drivers the 4-channel option appeared in the Yamaha Config panel in the windows control panel, but it was dimmed/greyed and cannot be selected.
Is it possible that there ISN'T ANY way to have 4-channel audio on WinXP?
In the readme file was written that i should select the appropriate INI file for my sound card. I selected the one with AKM4543 codec. There were few others but only this was supposed to be 4-ch. Also in the INI file itself was written to: '' 'do' the 'special' settings and add the AKM4543 settings.'' I have no idea what this means exactly.
Does anyone has had such problems as well?