Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: New playlist format spec I'm working on (Read 2062 times) previous topic - next topic

New playlist format spec I'm working on

Hey everyone,
after some frustration with the state of playlists in 2017, I decided to take some time and write a short spec for a new playlist format that aims to allow playlists to be much more portable and robust against file modifications/deletions/etc.

The spec is here: https://universalplaylist.stavros.io/

I would appreciate everyone's feedback, as it's in a very early stage and I'd like to get opinions about whether people find it useful or whether there's something I'm missing or did wrong. Please feel free to either reply here or open an issue on the project issue tracker (linked at the bottom of the spec page).

Thanks!

Re: New playlist format spec I'm working on

Reply #1
The only problem I can see, is what would happen with people with very large playlists. SHA-3s don't seem that efficient to me, plus you are using a human readable format it seems.

FPL gets its strengths from being purely binary only and thus is developed for large databases of songs.