Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 128GB MicroSD on Sansa Clip Zip (Read 11038 times) previous topic - next topic

128GB MicroSD on Sansa Clip Zip

It's fairly well-known that it works with 64bg cards, which means it supports SDXC. Why shouldn't it work with other SDXC cards? Well, it does! I'm filling up my card as I type this, but in the meantime I'm just dropping by to confirm the the clip zip with rockbox does indeed support FAT-formatted 128gb cards.

I guess this means the storage density of flash is higher than HDD storage now. I have no doubt that 16 MicroSD cards take up substantially less volume than the platters in a 2.5" 2TB hard drive. I'll be sue to post if I run into any problems.
the digital delinquent

Reply #1
From the point of view of our driver, the only limit is 2TB AFAIK.

Reply #2
That's one expensive microSD card at the moment  Good to know it works as my collection when in MP3 will fit in that space!

Reply #3
I can't imagine paying for a 128GB card right now, but it's nice to see the price of the 64GB cards fall.

Are you seeing any performance issues SonsOfSound? Have you dared to use the database?

Cheers,
David.

Reply #4
Have you dared to use the database?

on the original firmware?    i'd expect the battery to run out before it finished building...

IIRC, it also has an 8000 track limit. i think rockbox is pretty much compulsory when dealing with any kind of memory card.

edit: just realised the thread is about the zip. i know the 8000 limit applies to the clip/clip+, i don't know about the zip.

Reply #5
I meant the database in rockbox.

I can't imagine using the original firmware even with a 32GB card full of -V2 mp3s. While the battery might not have run out, my train would have already taken me home before the database finished building.

Cheers,
David.