Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Removing FLAC id3 tag with foobar (Read 1008 times) previous topic - next topic

Removing FLAC id3 tag with foobar

Hello, in changelog in version 2.0 is
• Made FLAC tag updater remove ID3v2 garbage prefixing FLAC stream.
The thing is, I can't find an option that would remove id3 tags from flac files. I have several CDs ripped with EAC with ID3 tags. I was looking for the song's context menu, there was no appropriate option in the tagging submenu, I did not find the appropriate option in the file properties, also in advanced and tagging. What should I do to remove id3 tags from my flac files with foobar?
Thanks in advance.

Re: Removing FLAC id3 tag with foobar

Reply #2
It is also available in context menu->Tagging->Rewrite file tags.

Reply #3
I have several CDs ripped with EAC with ID3 tags.
Beware that there might be ID3v2 tags at the beginning, which is what the changelog references - but also ID3v1 tags at the end. IIRC fb2k couldn't remove the latter last time I checked.

Tried Mp3tag? You were participating in this thread: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,123339.msg1019777.html#msg1019777

Reply #4
Yes, I tried mp3tag and it worked great, but I just wanted to know if foobar could do it already. It seems that it does not remove id3v1 tags yet, I did as you wrote.

Reply #5
It's not a very elegant workaround, but if you convert the flacs to flac in foobar2000 the new files won't have the id3v1 tags in them.