Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Problem with foobar2000 mobile on Android (Read 773 times) previous topic - next topic

Problem with foobar2000 mobile on Android

Hello everybody,
I am new here, so please forgive me to post a question here. I did not find appropriate place to ask question.
Maybe someone can move it to better forum.

I prepared my library on Windows PC using mp3tag and copy the files (mp3 and some WMA) to an external memory card on my Galaxy A8 android phone.
I organized the files in a directory structure   .../genre/artist/cd-name/music-file.mp3
Files are tagged with genre, album-artist, track-nr, track-name, ...

Most of it works fine except some albums which can be found undder the album-artist name but show up to have no
genre "(Unknown Genre)".

I checked everything but have no more idea.

Can please help anybody? Any hint is highly appreciated !

Thank you!

Re: Problem with foobar2000 mobile on Android

Reply #1
Update information:
now I installed foobar2000 on windows and found that when I import the music library from the same source everything is ok.
That means: the respective files have correct genre information.
So the problems seams to be related with the android foobar2000 mobile app.

What more could I test in order to locate the problem?