Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Dynamic Range plugin (Read 19391 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Dynamic Range plugin

Reply #125
Albums are grouped per the 'Album grouping pattern' configuration of the component, which by default is "%album artist% | %date% | %album% | %discnumber%".
I see your files are tagged incorrectly. You have tagged the actual artist of the track as "Various Artists" and the album artist that should be "Various Artists" has the real artist's name.

Reply #126
I already suspected that it was due to the tagging.
Thanks for the solution. After the change everything works correctly.

Reply #127
I was irritated that Dynamic Range 1.1.1 worked correctly.

Reply #128
hi
i really  like this component , and i like even True Peak Scanner
reallly great components
but may i know how can I display or read Dynamic Range and True Peak Scanner values ?
just because i like to use properties alt+enter , but i there is nothing in the information about these values
i know think even mp3tag can show them
i'm using the last foobar version portable 64bit and 32bit

thanks Case for these components

Reply #129
Add a custom column like shown in the pic:

Reply #130
but may i know how can I display or read Dynamic Range and True Peak Scanner values ?
just because i like to use properties alt+enter , but i there is nothing in the information about these values
I assume you are talking about tags?  The scan results you choose can be written to tags automatically by selecting the appropriate choice in Preferences/Advanced/DR Meter and ../True Peak Scanner/Tag Writing.  Alternatively, they can be written on demand after a manual scan viewing from the results dialog.

The values from the tags can be displayed in your Foobar track list in their own columns (if you have the screen real estate!) using Custom Columns with the right regex expression--some of the regex gurus here have already posted those up one of the components' threads here.  Or by manually viewing the tag(s) in Foobar's tag editor.

Reply #131
I assume you are talking about tags?  The scan results you choose can be written to tags automatically by selecting the appropriate choice in Preferences/Advanced/DR Meter and ../True Peak Scanner/Tag Writing.  Alternatively, they can be written on demand after a manual scan viewing from the results dialog.

The values from the tags can be displayed in your Foobar track list in their own columns (if you have the screen real estate!) using Custom Columns with the right regex expression--some of the regex gurus here have already posted those up one of the components' threads here.  Or by manually viewing the tag(s) in Foobar's tag editor.
Hi
i use  DarkOne4Mod v1 theme , so i can not add values just because i don't know how to do
about the foobar tag editor , i think you are talking about properties , i can read only in the metadata tab and column Ui Main
thanks

Reply #132
@Case

Hi
I like a lot Dynamic Range Write log button
but if i select multiple albums it does save only 1 foo_dr.txt in a singular folder
for example i have selected 4 albums and scan and clicked on Write log button does save only 1 file about all the albums in 1 album folder
do you think could possibile select 4 albums and save 4 foo_dr.txt files on each album folders?
is a bug or component limitation?
thanks
ps sorry i wanted to edit to avoid double post , but i could not

Reply #133
"Write log" button writing a single log is neither a bug nor a limitation - it writes a log of the results allowing you to manually alter the save location and the name. If you want to save one log per directory enable the automatic log writing option in preferences.

Reply #134
"Write log" button writing a single log is neither a bug nor a limitation - it writes a log of the results allowing you to manually alter the save location and the name. If you want to save one log per directory enable the automatic log writing option in preferences.
Hi Case
I see ,could be a cool feature , think about to select 10 albums , scan dr meter and save each log per directory
the point  is about
If you want to save one log per directory enable the automatic log writing option in preferences.
have to enabled or disabled and can change the folder mod date
would be cool a button that can act to save on each folder
just an idea or a feedback
thanks Case

Reply #136
Hi Case
I see ,could be a cool feature , think about to select 10 albums , scan dr meter and save each log per directory
the point  is about
If you want to save one log per directory enable the automatic log writing option in preferences.
have to enabled or disabled and can change the folder mod date
would be cool a button that can act to save on each folder
just an idea or a feedback
thanks Case
Different thread, same answer:
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,125719.msg1044649.html#msg1044649

Reply #137

Hi
i use  DarkOne4Mod v1 theme , so i can not add values just because i don't know how to do
about the foobar tag editor , i think you are talking about properties , i can read only in the metadata tab and column Ui Main
thanks
Assuming you use the vanilla version of DarkOne4 v1:
1) ELP. You have two free fields that you can define in ELP (col2 and col3). Enable one of the two fields, put [%dynamic range%] in the accompanying txt field. I guess you can figure out how to also make use of the other field.
2) NGP. Go to Preferences\Display\Colums UI\Playlist view and add/configure an extra field for [%dynamic range%].
3) Replace the panel Item Properties to a JS3 panel and load it with Properties + Other Info from samples. It will show all available tags for an audiofile.

I made some screenshots after changing my skin layout (basically DO4v1 as well) as much as I still can to vanilla mode.

Happy modding

Reply #138
Code: [Select]
DR         Peak           RMS       Duration Track
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DR16      -6.50 dBFS   -25.27 dBFS      5:11 01-Black Cow
DR16      -7.01 dBFS   -26.02 dBFS      8:01 02-Aja
DR16      -6.02 dBFS   -25.65 dBFS      7:40 03-Deacon Blues
DR14      -6.54 dBFS   -24.23 dBFS      3:58 04-Peg
DR16      -6.24 dBFS   -24.43 dBFS      5:37 05-Home At Last
DR15      -8.12 dBFS   -26.22 dBFS      5:11 06-I Got The News
DR15      -7.95 dBFS   -25.54 dBFS      4:39 07-Josie
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May need to align DR, Peak, RMS, and Duration Track a little better.
EZ CD Audio Converter

Reply #139
Code: [Select]
DR         Peak           RMS       Duration Track
DR16      -6.50 dBFS   -25.27 dBFS      5:11 01-Black Cow
DR16      -7.01 dBFS   -26.02 dBFS      8:01 02-Aja
DR16      -6.02 dBFS   -25.65 dBFS      7:40 03-Deacon Blues
DR14      -6.54 dBFS   -24.23 dBFS      3:58 04-Peg
DR16      -6.24 dBFS   -24.43 dBFS      5:37 05-Home At Last
DR15      -8.12 dBFS   -26.22 dBFS      5:11 06-I Got The News
DR15      -7.95 dBFS   -25.54 dBFS      4:39 07-Josie

May need to align DR, Peak, RMS, and Duration Track a little better.
DR and Track are left aligned. All others are right aligned on the numeric value.

Do you have a better suggestion?

Reply #140
The space may be increased between Duration  Track
EZ CD Audio Converter

Reply #141
Hello, I downloaded this plugin and I absolutely love it.

I am having issues with the DR Meter for cue files. I have added a column, so it shows me the DR of each track, it works fine for separate files for tracks but when I try to do it for a cue file it just doesn't work. Can anyone help me?

Reply #142
The space may be increased between Duration  Track
The log format is as close to the "official" component's log as possible, but since I already corrected the units I suppose I can also tweak some spacing. I'll keep that in mind for future release.

I am having issues with the DR Meter for cue files. I have added a column, so it shows me the DR of each track, it works fine for separate files for tracks but when I try to do it for a cue file it just doesn't work. Can anyone help me?
Cue sheets don't support free-format tagging. Using cue sheets is not advisable unless you are trying to burn an audio CD.

Reply #143
Hello everybody....

My setup is foobar2000 2.1.5 x64 with DR Meter 0.7 (foo_dr_meter).

I have this line at Status bar display formatting settings " | Album DR: $if2(%album dynamic range%,–) | Track DR: $if2(%dynamic range%,–)" and custom column DR with value %DYNAMIC RANGE%.

I don't see DR values at status bar nor at playlist view. Enumeration of DR, writing tags and saving foo_dr.txt works OK.

Where could be problem?

Reply #144
Your status bar and column titleformatting are correct. Are you perhaps trying to save DR tags to a format that doesn't support tagging, like Bizet just above with his cue sheets? You can easily verify what tags a track has by using the Properties command of foobar2000.

Reply #145
Hello everybody....

My setup is foobar2000 2.1.5 x64 with DR Meter 0.7 (foo_dr_meter).

I have this line at Status bar display formatting settings " | Album DR: $if2(%album dynamic range%,–) | Track DR: $if2(%dynamic range%,–)" and custom column DR with value %DYNAMIC RANGE%.

I don't see DR values at status bar nor at playlist view. Enumeration of DR, writing tags and saving foo_dr.txt works OK.

Where could be problem?
Can you send the full TF you are using for status bar? There might be an error in the TF before the part where you want to display album dynamic range.