Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [OFFENSIVE] Try this. (Read 4525 times) previous topic - next topic

[OFFENSIVE] Try this.

I used DbpowerAMP to rip a track off a CD to wav, then took the file and encoded it using "Studio Quality" preset and it sounds WICKED! try it and see for yourself  you will not be disspointed  It actually sounds better than the wav file  sounds less flat

To download DbpowerAMP go here http://download.com.com/3000-2140-10249519.html?tag=lst-3-1

dBpowerAmp Music Converter 10.0 is the version I have.

btw: I used DbpowerAMP to encode the wav file to mp3, too.

[OFFENSIVE] Try this.

Reply #1
Please adhere to the Terms of Service (linked to on every page), particularly No. 7 and No. 8.
"Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored."
—Aldous Huxley

[OFFENSIVE] Try this.

Reply #2

[OFFENSIVE] Try this.

Reply #3

exactly.

hmm, IMO it might be a good idea to vlose this obviously useless thread and move it to recycle bin.

or maybe the starter of this thread will explain himself...
or there will worldpeace tomorrow.
Nothing but a Heartache - Since I found my Baby ;)

[OFFENSIVE] Try this.

Reply #4
 Maybe "Wicked" could be another term to describe lossy compression artifacts. It's worth checking out.
The object of mankind lies in its highest individuals.
One must have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.

[OFFENSIVE] Try this.

Reply #5
can you explain dbpoweramp? does it serve a purpose other than to let bad quality encodes find their way into the world? can't they use a decent encoder front end?

it always puzzled me why the bad things seem to be the most popular (like musicmatch....it comes with every dell...shame)

[OFFENSIVE] Try this.

Reply #6
dbpoweramp is a very nifty piece of software, as many in this forum can actually attest to. AFAIK, Foobar2000 does nearly everything already, and when it lacks certain options in some transcoding tasks, dbpoweramp fills the gaps.

The issue here is that the original poster, without reading the ToS and investigating the nature of this forum, has touched a few raw nerves. He is most likely a troll, but we will see his response first.

[OFFENSIVE] Try this.

Reply #7
FUCK, my god, i can't fucking go to a forum without having someone bitch at me for some reason, jesus christ, theres a rule for everything, can't even breath.... FUCK THIS SHIT, this is like evrey other pissy forum.... u ppl really need to grow up.. im outta here... I try and contribute and help people, it seems like people are looking for something to that I did wrong so they can bitch at mee more.... WELL FUCK YOU GUYS! IM GONE!

I never wanted to do anything to make anybody unhappy, I just wanted to be a valued memeber, but I can't even do that.... uve just lost a member... if you care or not... don't matter to me.

[OFFENSIVE] Try this.

Reply #8

[OFFENSIVE] Try this.

Reply #9
I try and contribute and help people, it seems like people are looking for something to that I did wrong so they can bitch at mee more

I never wanted to do anything to make anybody unhappy, I just wanted to be a valued memeber, but I can't even do that.... uve just lost a member... if you care or not... don't matter to me.

Please understand that you only had to read the rules in the first place to avoid this.

[OFFENSIVE] Try this.

Reply #10
Well I once saw a poetry reading by John Giorno, he was warming up for Burroughs (198? --- 81? maybe...)
Sounded a lot like LightningJR's last post.... 
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

[OFFENSIVE] Try this.

Reply #11

Hehehe, I just loved Roberto's responses. 

Anyway, it might not matter to you, but we couldn't care less about losing a foul-mouthed brat with an attitude like yours.

[OFFENSIVE] Try this.

Reply #12
It actually sounds better than the wav file  sounds less flat

Happiness - The agreeable sensation of contemplating the misery of others.