Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar 9.6.3 errors (Read 3765 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar 9.6.3 errors

I am getting an error when I exit Foobar.  It says "Configuration file could not be written (Access Denied).  If you choose 'cancel', your recent configuration changes will be lost."  If I click "Retry" nothing happens.  If I click "Cancel", I get another error:  "Playlist could not be written (Access Denied).  If you choose 'cancel your playlists will be lost.".  If I click 'Retry" again nothing happens.  If I click 'cancel' again and I get the first error again.  If I click 'Cancel' one final time, it exits.

Here are my specs:

------------------
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7022) (7022.winmain.090115-1850)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.               
System Model: Dell DXP061                 
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 2.4.2
Processor: Intel® Core™2 CPU          6400  @ 2.13GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 1022MB RAM
Page File: 807MB used, 1535MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7022.0000 32bit Unicode

Thanks much in advance!

Foobar 9.6.3 errors

Reply #1
My guess would be that you have set "Preferences > General > Location of configuration files" to "Application install folder" while running foobar2000 as Administrator, or copied the files there from older installation. Now when running it non-elevated, the configuration cannot be written to "C:\Program Files\foobar2000" due to access restrictions.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Foobar 9.6.3 errors

Reply #2
My guess would be that you have set "Preferences > General > Location of configuration files" to "Application install folder" while running foobar2000 as Administrator, or copied the files there from older installation. Now when running it non-elevated, the configuration cannot be written to "C:\Program Files\foobar2000" due to access restrictions.

I changed it to the other option under Preferences > General and that fixed it!  Thank you!